Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

interesting ideas with moving d-rob, he definitely has talent and has shown a few flashes here and there, not so sure if moving him to end would work, but i'm all for getting the biggest NT possible, it's really all u can do imo as the guy needs to take on 2 guys...

i don't see how mangini gets fired, despite all the stuff he's been through this year tbh, i see him getting another year to show something
Old 10-15-2007, 09:58 AM

and of course philly [censored] NY over for the 2nd time in recent memory
Old 10-15-2007, 10:23 AM

No way does Mangini get fired.

We all know that the Jets had a lot of things go there way last year while finishing 10-6 and making the playoffs. When Mangini came aboard we all thought it was going to be at least a 3 year process to rebuild this team. Didn't we? At least I did.

Well...after last season I think everyone set their expectations a little higher than we should have. We need to step back now and think like we did a year ago when Mangini first took over. Where is this team since Herm's last year in 2005? Better, Worse, Same? I'm leaning towards slightly better but more importantly: much much much younger.

If you look at our roster you will see only 1 player who is older than 30: Ben Graham. There are only 2 starters that are 30 (Pennington & Clement). The rest of the important pieces to this team are all 29 or younger. The average age of this team is 25.1. In 2006 the youngest NFL team was the Packers at 25.57.

If you look at it from this perspective I think you can say things are certainly moving in the right direction. The team is remarkably younger than in 2005 and this team has a good & large group of young players to continue to build around. Our cap situation is also remarkably better. Unfortunately the wins this season are coming few and far between.

I know a lot of us had this team going 8-8 this year +/- 2 wins. Of course we all have been holding out hope that we would get lucky again and possibly finish 10-6.

At this point it looks like it's definitely -2 wins from that 8-8 finish. Maybe even worse than that. It's going to be time soon if it isn't time already to start seeing what the younger guys can do. Over the course of the next few weeks we will see increased roles for Clemens, Harris & hopefully Smith.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 AM

good post wh1t, i almost lost track of the age of our team, but there is plenty of talent on this team, for sure we need another LB or someone who can help against the run or pressure the QB...

i think a lot of us here are complaining about the play calling and while that is based off the talent we have at certain positions, a lot of the blame has to go on the coordinators, some of the play calls have just been awful so far...this doesn't neccessarily reflect the amount of talent we have...

again, i have no idea how they'll go about changing the play schemes, but whatever, if i see that [censored] retarded shotgun formation at the goal line again, i will burn something down
Old 10-15-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No way does Mangini get fired.

We all know that the Jets had a lot of things go there way last year while finishing 10-6 and making the playoffs. When Mangini came aboard we all thought it was going to be at least a 3 year process to rebuild this team. Didn't we? At least I did.

Well...after last season I think everyone set their expectations a little higher than we should have. We need to step back now and think like we did a year ago when Mangini first took over. Where is this team since Herm's last year in 2005? Better, Worse, Same? I'm leaning towards slightly better but more importantly: much much much younger.

If you look at our roster you will see only 1 player who is older than 30: Ben Graham. There are only 2 starters that are 30 (Pennington & Clement). The rest of the important pieces to this team are all 29 or younger. The average age of this team is 25.1. In 2006 the youngest NFL team was the Packers at 25.57.

If you look at it from this perspective I think you can say things are certainly moving in the right direction. The team is remarkably younger than in 2005 and this team has a good & large group of young players to continue to build around. Our cap situation is also remarkably better. Unfortunately the wins this season are coming few and far between.

I know a lot of us had this team going 8-8 this year +/- 2 wins. Of course we all have been holding out hope that we would get lucky again and possibly finish 10-6.

At this point it looks like it's definitely -2 wins from that 8-8 finish. Maybe even worse than that. It's going to be time soon if it isn't time already to start seeing what the younger guys can do. Over the course of the next few weeks we will see increased roles for Clemens, Harris & hopefully Smith.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post. I feel better after reading it!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

again, i have no idea how they'll go about changing the play schemes, but whatever, if i see that [censored] retarded shotgun formation at the goal line again, i will burn something down

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2007, 04:36 PM

Also just wanted to add that the playcalling is on Chad as much as it is on the coordinators. I'm sure the coordinators don't tell Chad to check down every freaking time and throw ridiculous passes off his back foot into coverage. Whether the sideline fade with 10 seconds left and no TO's against Buffalo was called by Schotty, I don't know, but the blame has to be on Chad too. I haven't seen a successful out route in years and I bet the coordinators know this too, which limits the playcalling and cuts off a part of the offensive playbook. Why do you think the Jets run so many gadget plays? Rant over.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 PM

wow

[ QUOTE ]
JETS WILLING TO ENTERTAIN OFFERS FOR CHAD

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the New York Jets are willing to entertain trade offers for quarterback Chad Pennington.

The trade deadline is 4:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday.

Pennington has performed poorly this year after having a solid season in 2006. So poorly that it's unlikely that someone will make a move.

Then again, with guys like Tim Rattay and Vinny Testaverde and Tim Hasselbeck getting work, shouldn't someone make a play for Pennington?

[/ QUOTE ]

from profootballtalk.com
Old 10-15-2007, 09:43 PM

I'd root for the guy if he wasn't on the Jets, simply because he is a good guy for the league. I would really like for him to go to the Bears.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:31 AM

wow, the bears might just step up here...i mean, pennington has a proven track record, and with some of the dolts teams have at QB, u'd figure pennington would get some looks...

that being said, i'd feel a bit sad since this is a guy who is fairly easy to like imo...also, if clemens doesn't work out, this really puts us in a hole as the QB spot will have to be addressed in the draft and we already have glaring holes at DL/LB...

still, if it does go through, i don't see how we get anything better than a 3rd imo, which isn't terrible, but meh