Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 07:10 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

i didn't see this request yet, maybe it's an obvious one.

i'd like to be able to install the new pokertracker3 and let it guide me through the importing of all my old PT db and hand histories, autorules, autoimport setups etc.
i mean id like to install it and be ready to go in just a few clicks.

i hope it makes sense.

ah - i don't care about the logo and i hope you don't spend a second of your time on it.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd like to be able to install the new pokertracker3 and let it guide me through the importing of all my old PT db and hand histories, autorules, autoimport setups etc.
i mean id like to install it and be ready to go in just a few clicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are going to make the setup and conversion process as painless and user friendly as we possibly can. I do not think this will be hard nor should it take very long to complete due to our new speeds [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best regards,

APerfect10
Old 10-11-2007, 11:27 AM

I just noticed this thread but am too lazy to go through it to see what kind of updates are going to be implemented. Is there a list somewhere in this thread or on the PT site that describes some of the new changes?
Old 10-11-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You have mentioned that it would run on MACs.
Will it be tested for variuos Linux distributions as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

APerfect10
Are you programming PokerTracker3 in Java ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, PT3 is being developed in C++ with a cross-platform GUI library. This way I avoid the bottlenecks and handholding of an interpreted language and have far fewer limitations. Not to mention the application will look much nicer and be faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

GREAT that you use C++ that maximise the speed ! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Program in Java is so sloooow
Old 10-12-2007, 09:51 AM

Maybe give some love to the european client base in PT 3 & PAHUD 3. Prima's miniview is one of the best views to play multitable poker, yet there still is no support for it by pahud. When playing miniview, I have to sacrifice the luxury of seeing mucked cards. Everest: no PAHUD support. That sucks, frankly. Maybe things will get better now that HM will support the big European sites.

Same is visible over at cardrunners, btw: they have a replayer and a hand history tool and a "my career" tool and whatnot, but only for the most shark infested of sites - namely FT, Stars and UB.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe give some love to the european client base in PT 3 & PAHUD 3. Prima's miniview is one of the best views to play multitable poker, yet there still is no support for it by pahud. When playing miniview, I have to sacrifice the luxury of seeing mucked cards. Everest: no PAHUD support. That sucks, frankly. Maybe things will get better now that HM will support the big European sites.

Same is visible over at cardrunners, btw: they have a replayer and a hand history tool and a "my career" tool and whatnot, but only for the most shark infested of sites - namely FT, Stars and UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

The current design of PA Hud makes this difficult. In the new version, it will be done.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Patience [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] We do not want to spoil it just yet...

-AP10

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, just a teaser!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a quick glimpse:

This custom graphing control isn't complete, but it gives you some idea of what the graphs in PT3 look like. I'm not totally sold on the 45 degree angled text, but it does allow you to have more axis points. What do you guys think?

I'd also like to mention that this graph based on over 360k hands takes a little over a minute to completely generate on my PC (in the debug, unoptimized build). However, from the moment it starts loading to the moment it displays on screen, the interface does not stall or lag. You are free to view other data while it is being generated.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:11 AM

Thx for your answer, PokerAce, good to hear you're working on it. Nice graph, hope it's yours [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 10:19 AM

The 45 degree text is too taxing on the overall quality IMO. I think once you need a finer view you need to be graphing a more specific area- in lots of 25k hands would suffice on this graph for me. Accuracy etc looks great.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd also like to mention that this graph based on over 360k hands takes a little over a minute to completely generate on my PC (in the debug, unoptimized build). However, from the moment it starts loading to the moment it displays on screen, the interface does not stall or lag. You are free to view other data while it is being generated.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is going to be sick!

So is this a new product, or will old PT users get some kind of a discount?