Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 04:21 AM

Default Re: AA - DEEEEEEP vs hudge nit - i cripple the board

[ QUOTE ]
Well, this is super-easy. Bet and keep betting. You're not getting anything out of him if he didn't hit the flop hard, so you might as well assume that he did and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he has TT or 55 you are likely to stack him by both betting OR checking here.

so OPs question is how to get max value out of his entire range, not how to try to play the biggest pot
Old 09-28-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, this is super-easy. Bet and keep betting. You're not getting anything out of him if he didn't hit the flop hard, so you might as well assume that he did and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he has TT or 55 you are likely to stack him by both betting OR checking here.

so OPs question is how to get max value out of his entire range, not how to try to play the biggest pot

[/ QUOTE ]
EXACTLY!
seems like almost everyone else missed that this is the whole point of the thread.

sooo, on to the turn???
Old 09-28-2007, 04:44 AM

I like a c/r on the turn. I think he bets a similar range that he plays vs your lead. From his point of view you could be playing an AQ/AJ slowly for pot control, so he will bet AK for value. Once you've c/r him, with your image, he might get pissed off and make a stand. If he has a set, doesn't make a difference hes not folding
Old 09-28-2007, 04:59 AM

This deep I think a lot of nits check behind AK. AQ probably for sure. I think you're missing out on a lot of value by checking. I'd bet about 80. This line looks suspicious so I doubt he folds an A to this. Best case is he has middle set. If he flat calls just shove river and hope your image is wild enough to get a big call from tptk if he has it.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:37 AM

i'd c/r the turn. i like either c/c the flop or leading for about 1/2 pot, maybe more like 22.

i disagree with everything pineapple has said about bet/bet/bet. If villain flops a set, thats the only way wer'e getting his stack and it probaby doesn't matter how we play it, but bet/bet/bet doesn't maximize value against his range which is probably weighted towards jj-kk type hands
Old 09-28-2007, 05:43 AM

yeah i'd just alternate between bet/check/bet and bet/bet/bet depending on how aggro everyone thinks you are.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:36 AM

I dont really like the check on the flop. If you have the laggy and slightly maniac image you should take advantage of it. I would bet the flop for a little more than 1/2 pot. You will get called by AK and probably AQ.

As played you have to lead turn or you will most likely see a check behind from him unless he has 55/TT or AK ( although a 13/11 can sometimes check behind AK here)- I would lead for about 75$ on that turn and hope he has 55/TT so he can push and cry in the end [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2007, 09:42 AM

i think his calling range > betting range on pretty much all streets. Maaaybe squeeze one dumb bet out of QQ (but he's more likely to call) or a bluff (again unlikely he double barrels, unlikely he bluffs anyway). He'll use pot control with AK/AQ too. cr turn isn't going to be great i don't think, but probably necessary seeing how you got there. If the turn gets checked through river is a cr too, but it's marginal agaist this guy.

do the betting yourself please. Bet the flop and go from there. As played I would have def c/r flop.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($40.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $28.00</font>, Hero calls $28.00

Turn: ($96.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)

since i c/c'd flop should i check again on turn? c/c or c/r?
if you bet out, how much?

[/ QUOTE ]

fake block
Old 09-28-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd c/r the turn. i like either c/c the flop or leading for about 1/2 pot, maybe more like 22.

i disagree with everything pineapple has said about bet/bet/bet. If villain flops a set, thats the only way wer'e getting his stack and it probaby doesn't matter how we play it, but bet/bet/bet doesn't maximize value against his range which is probably weighted towards jj-kk type hands

[/ QUOTE ]

we should be concentrating on getting value from Ax more than JJ-KK.