Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 11:02 AM

Default 2 way draw - multiway pot

loose home game. i'm the only one who plays O8 regularly.

early limp, MP raise, i call on button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB folds, BB calls, EP calls.

Flop is 3Q6, two clubs. checked to MP who bets. normally I raise but i called, BB and EP call.

turn is a red deuce. BB checks, EP bets, MP calls, and I fold, BB calls.

river pairs the six. checked around. EP has straight, BB has A347 for nut low. chop it.

i would try to raise on the flop to knockout better flush draws but in this game, nobody folds non-nut flush draws so with position I figured it'd be easier to read who hit what on the turn. also, these guys call with worst low draws consistently so I didn't want to knock-out A4/24.

obv, the turn is a terrible card for me and with the MP calling a lead by EP after showing passivity I had to put him on some type of strong redraw (either top set which was unlikely since he raised preflop and not the kind of guy to do that with queens or a likely nut flush draw, possibly AcXc) since i'm not drawing to anything anymore, i tossed.

this is just my thought process and was posting it to see if it was ok or has some holes or if need to consider other things.

thanks.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: 2 way draw - multiway pot

I'd be tempted to call the turn bet with my nut flush draw here. There are 8 and a fraction BB in the pot as it comes to you, BB seems likely to put in one more, and there are some implied odds on the river since you may get more than once caller if you bet there. Since you can't count the board-pairing clubs as clean outs I guess it doesn't look that good though...
Old 03-07-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: 2 way draw - multiway pot

Seems pretty standard for a juicy home game.