Green @ BUF 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
man the ump sucked tonight.

and i'm not saying that as a 'we got screwed comment,' we mostly sucked.

the ump was basically so bad i don't think he benefited anybody, everyone was just like 'wtf yo?'

[/ QUOTE ]

i was on the home run porch on the rail for the entirety of the game. i couldn't tell if the ump was inconsistent or if perhaps i just had significant difficulty determining inside/outside from my angle. i mean, i had a hunch it was the former, which has since been confirmed by several sources.

also, this atmosphere was unreal. unfortunately, i was standing right in front of a female who was advising manny to do some anatomically impossible things, but c'est la vie.

an absolutely great experience, and as long as you're actually on the rail, the home run porch is an outstanding place to watch a game. mind you, to stay on the rail, you can't piss or leave to get any food/drink stuffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was sitting behind home plate for last night's game, and the ump was terrible.

For both teams. I know its part of the game but it makes hard on pitchers to find a groove when they can throw the same pitch twice in a row and get a different call (Westbrook and Dice-K both did it at least once).

The game was awesome, the crowd was chanting Ken-ney! before he even got into the batter's box and then he just cranked it. I really thought JD Drew was going to grab it, it looked like he was close live, but on replays maybe he was further away.

The Ortiz play where he was on second and got hit was one of those weird things that can decide a series. Both of these teams are so good, that the smallest break either way can win it or lose it.

Tonight should be a good game. Let's see if Paul Byrd can do it again.

I also stayed in the same hotel as the red sox and the same floor as francona. I saw him three times. Very nice guy.

-AA