Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Mid-stages of $10 MTT on FT

Although I don't have the exact hand history the details I'll give are pretty accurate.

450+ started and around 250 left
Blinds 100-50 w/ no ante
Hero (2400)
Villain (6000)

EP+1 limps
MP+1 limps
Villian in CO limps
Hero in SB with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] limps
BB checks option

Pot is 500

At this point the villain has been limping a lot as well as the other EP and MP limpers. They have shown down some pretty trashy hands so far.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, BB checks, EP checks, MP checks, Villain bets 100 into 500 pot. Hero re-raises to 500. Everyone else folds to the Villain who calls.

I was thinking about my check-raise amount and I was thinking maybe it should've been a little more. The reason being is that it would price out draws and also not leave me in the awkward spot that comes on the turn.
I figure at this point I'm ahead and he is most likely drawing. A key part is that I have the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] so at least I know he can't have like J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and be drawing very live against me. I figure him for somewhere around there or maybe A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] but he also might've put me in PF with that.

Pot 1500

Turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets 800. At this point I have 1,000 left. Villain moves in and has me covered. What do I do here? I figured if he had the nut flush draw he might've put me in on the flop but not 100% sure. I just dont know whether or not he would expect me to C/R with just a pair and then lead out on the turn w/ it. Please help me from Preflop on. Thank in advance for your advice. Results will be posted after replies are given.