Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Don\'t tap the f-ing fish tank!

So I'm usually a $9-18 up to $20-40 LHE player. But a few weeks ago I watched a $6-12 Omaha 8 table with full kill. The players were beyond attrocious. I'm no expert Omaha player, but I am skilled in hi/lo games(they were the first poker I learned), and I know full well that bad Omaha players are just about the easiest money there is in poker. So I passed on my holdem game and sat down at Omaha. And killed it bad. And for each subsequent session as well.

So I finally get called for my seat last night and am seated to the right of a guy with a huge stack of chips...maybe 4-5 racks worth. I watch him play. He is ok. Not nearly as bad as everyone else, and probably the third best player at the table. The dropoff from him and one other guy to the five worst players is beyond astonishing. Three of those guys are regular donators to the game. One has dropped at least $600 every time I have played there and clearly has more money than sense. I am pretty quiet in this game and have made nice with most of the fish, and definitely with the 3 or so other good players. After a while the gf/wife of the guy to my left comes up to the table. He is happy due to his win. Most everyone else is miserable. Not uncommon at Omaha. But to me its bad when the fish aren't happy.

So she starts loudly carrying on about some horrible beat she took in a $40 buy in NL game. Seriousy. She expected people to respect her raises. WTF? You would think her husband/bf MIGHT take control of things, but no. He lets her continue on. And she goes on about "donkey" this and "donkey" that. And all I see as I look around the table are five donkeys that don't know they are donkeys, but are about to find out. Sure enough the biggest fish at the table...the guy who loses $600 a session...pipes up with "What's a donkey?".

Nice.

Please STFU next time and please make your dummy gf/wife/male pleasure palace STFU as well.