Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Weather Channel Founder says\"Global Warming is Biggest Scam in His

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't fathom anyone would think anything other than the profit motive led us to the great developments of the computer. IBM, Intel, Microsoft?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's my understanding the big vaccuum computers of the 40's were built by government for government stuff, cause they were extremely expensive. I'm talking bout the origin of computers.

[/ QUOTE ]

The act of making computers price competitive for business and consumers was driven by the profit motive. We already have solar, its just not competitive. If there is a way to make solar cheaper than oil the market will find a way without Government intervention. If throwing money at a problem without regard to profits could solve problems then the $6.1 trillion spent in this country to fight poverty would have made a dent in poverty.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We already have solar, its just not competitive.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, we don't have nanotech solar. maybe you're missing my point about nanotechnology and how it is 10 years old or whatever.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We already have solar, its just not competitive.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, we don't have nanotech solar. maybe you're missing my point about nanotechnology and how it is 10 years old or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point, we just disagree how to get there. Here is a good article that discusses the money flowing in to nanotech.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...UG7IDL1AF1.DTL
Old 11-11-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see your point, we just disagree how to get there. Here is a good article that discusses the money flowing in to nanotech.

[/ QUOTE ]

well maybe the better expression of my point was that if mmgw was true and the dangers true then nuke plants would be being planned and built right now.

also the article I quick added up he money it's less than 0.25 billion. US spent what, 4000 billion on iraq war so far?
Old 11-11-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well maybe the better expression of my point was that if mmgw was true and the dangers true then nuke plants would be being planned and built right now.

also the article I quick added up he money it's less than 0.25 billion. US spent what, 4000 billion on iraq war so far?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess where we disagree is if the US spent $4 trillion on nanotech solar would it be commercially viable sooner and would the benifits of earlier development outweigh the cost? I just don't think the Governemnt throwing money at a problem is going to solve it. I support the Iraq War, but others may argue the $4 trillion spent has not solved the problem.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:40 AM

The Weather Channel is the biggest scam in history.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:05 AM

It amazes me that global warming gets such wide acceptance on a site full of people who ought to understand the danger of drawing conclusions from the swings of a largely random system.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It amazes me that global warming gets such wide acceptance on a site full of people who ought to understand the danger of drawing conclusions from the swings of a largely random system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think most people on this site understand this even as it relates to poker? Hell, I've been playing for a living for 4 years and still have a hard time emotionally with variance.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I've never before (well, in the last 4-5 years [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) seen so many people who don't accept global warming in one place, if that makes you feel better.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I've never before (well, in the last 4-5 years [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) seen so many people who don't accept without questioning the most extreme predictions of global warming alarmists in one place, if that makes you feel better.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP