Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: plo100 - playing blockers badly?

I make that play a fair amount in a short-handed pot FR. But I give up on that turn. I think it's probably worth continuing if you pick up a heart, maybe also a Q, although one very logical call hand is KK (basically, if you're doing it with a Q, you want to check-trap a paired river, and I think that's pretty risky here).

I'm not sure whether that kind of splashy line will fly 6max. I do think you need a pretty TAG image for it to be viable. And, as others have said, blockers do imo mean that they frequently don't have it, but after the first call, I think one does need to reconsider some assumptions.

I really view the first bet as more of a sort of "image play"--potentially capitalizing on image to win a small pot and at the same time casting some doubt on just how nuttish your bets really are. But it's not worth getting in very deep as a general rule--maybe if you have really great control over your opponent, but otherwise I usually just give it up pretty fast and move on.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Re: plo100 - playing blockers badly?

Every single time I play a pair of Q's for example as blockers to the nuts, villain shows up with the nuts. I will keep trying it, but it is owning me atm.