Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 10-30-2007, 04:58 AM

Default Re: yes.

Where are you guys ordering your books from? Amazon?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:13 AM

Thanks to everyone who recommended that I do read ToP. It may not be a necessary read for all poker minds, but it definitely was for mine.

Now I understand a lot more of what y'all say on this forum.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I seldom see those type of games in Vegas. On the rare occasion that I do see them, there's always a monster luckbox that's winning all the money and everyone else is chasing to try to bust him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Seldom? Man, I seldom see games that aren't, and I'm out of those and into one that is as quick as you can say, "table change!"

At the Orleans yesterday, typical loose/passive game exactly as described. At Red Rock last night, weak/tight, exactly as described.

SSHE was written for live games, not online. With that in mind, it's THE book for low limit holdem games in LV.

CJ
Old 11-30-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I seldom see those type of games in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you must be playing a different game than low-to-mid limit Holdem.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SSHE was written for live games, not online. With that in mind, it's THE book for low limit holdem games in LV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost all books are mistitled, and SSH is no exception. It's not for "small stakes", it's for loose games where "many" of your opponents are weak. It's not the stakes, it's the table conditions.

It applies equally well to online and live play. Granted, for online this usually means .25/.50 or lower, and live it means everything up to $15/30 and sometimes higher. But the stakes aren't the point.

OP, you should read ITH first, and then SSH second.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:40 PM

OP if you are on a budget and would rather borrow TOP rather than buy it, send me a PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP if you are on a budget and would rather borrow TOP rather than buy it, send me a PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your offer. I ended up buying it because it seemed that it was definitely a necessary book from what people said. I'm glad I bought it. Just finished reading and feel like I have a better understanding of winning in poker and even a better understanding of material in books that I read previously (several "ah-huh" moments).

I really appreciate the gesture, though. There's a lot of cool people on this forum! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]