Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: New PokerStars Data Policy

2 guys at one of my tables were berating another guy for being down 25k on Stars. That can't be good for anyone.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And would you have to send this .03 to every tracking website?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, afaik, you will.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">VR rollout. Keep the feeds safe.[/purple]
Old 08-05-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 guys at one of my tables were berating another guy for being down 25k on Stars. That can't be good for anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love a world where I could e-mail PT and say "xxxxxxxxx is on PS/FT/Whatever and is telling everyone at the table their PFR% and how much they've lost in the last 30 days and here's the chat. Then 30 minutes later, boom, his PAHUD goes blank and his PT clears. These flaming retards drive me insane! Poker is about winning money, why are you trying to drive the fish away?? One thing I have done is made a separate list of donktards who love to tap the glass, and at times hit said glass with a sledgehammer, so that I can avoid sitting at their tables whenever possible.

Granted, the guys who do that are usually pretty bad themselves, but it's not worth the fact that no REAL fish will stay for more than maybe 20-25 hands.

Just my opinion.

~Mike
Old 08-05-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that the berating is a terrible terrible thing. Getting rid of that on Stars might make all of this trouble worth it for us in the long run. I wish there was another way to give the beraters (sp?) less concrete ammunition, but I guess this is how it goes.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd love a world where I could e-mail PT and say "xxxxxxxxx is on PS/FT/Whatever and is telling everyone at the table their PFR% and how much they've lost in the last 30 days and here's the chat. Then 30 minutes later, boom, his PAHUD goes blank and his PT clears.

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be fun. Infact, if it was just "if you berate the fish, you lose your pahud serial", I'd love it. Sadly, I doubt it makes much business sense for the pahud guys...
Old 08-05-2007, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd love a world where I could e-mail PT and say "xxxxxxxxx is on PS/FT/Whatever and is telling everyone at the table their PFR% and how much they've lost in the last 30 days and here's the chat. Then 30 minutes later, boom, his PAHUD goes blank and his PT clears.

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be fun. Infact, if it was just "if you berate the fish, you lose your pahud serial", I'd love it. Sadly, I doubt it makes much business sense for the pahud guys...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, another alternative would be, if you sent evidence of this occuring, you could, for a price, buy the home address of the loud mouth from PA HUD. In this situation, everyone wins, PAHUD makes a little extra, we take a trip, no more recreational players who are laughing at my jokes while losing being informed that "The only reason he called your raise there is because your VPIP is way too high!"

That is another problem. I really wish people, and this is something I've seen 2p2ers do too, would stop using terminology like VPIP, PFR%, ROI, etc. at the table, it's not just the berating, its TALKING about it that bothers me. I know your stats, and mine, and if the villain doesn't, thats his fault for not caring enough to track his own play.

Just STFU. Don't talk about your stats, my stats, the fishes stats, Phil Ivey's stats, SBRugby's stats, MachineGunMikey's stats, or the software you are currently using to track and maintain those stats while at the table.

Thank you. That is all.

~Mike
Old 08-05-2007, 07:27 AM

I can say I'm guilty of Sharkscope berating once. The fish started in on me after I knocked him out (via suckout) for 3rd in a $1.20 STT, about how terrible I was for raising every hand (I was 5:1 chipleader since the bubble, and all three opponents were playing not to lose). I got caught up in the war of words. Afterwards, I realized how stupid it was to do that to a player with 80 games at $1 stakes, especially the part where I told him that such tools existed (without telling him exactly where). I usually don't even have the chat tab open, mostly so I'm not tempted to do this.

That said, I love being able to ID a terrible fish right away - you know the type, -$5k/1500 games and a SS graph that has a slope nearly -1 buyin/game, so I'll know to call them down light, etc.

This policy accomplishes two things: 1) protects the fish from the sharks by masking their fishiness at first glance (good for the player ecosystem, but it shouldn't take long for a good player to determine fishiness with a little observation), 2) gives the habitual beraters a little less ammo which is a great thing.

I can see why Stars wants to implement this, and even if it handicaps me somewhat I'm not against it.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:35 AM

Just keep making random walks. yeah, it's expanded. We're fine. Um, yeah, most of downtown barrie is self-aware.

[insert venus script: slowjack the zeroes. find the pink panther]

Rest is in POGblog. Take care, all. [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The following policy is about to be implemented across the board by the various tracking sites/services. I'm not too worried about it affecting traffic or subscriptions at the db because, if it's implemented evenly across the board, it really doesn't change much on a relative basis. I see it as something that, more than anything, will hurt the people who really enjoy using the db, OPR, sharkscope, etc. I think it might drive those people more to sites like FTP, Bodog, AP, etc. Of course, for those against data collection, it will make it more welcoming to play at PokerStars. Lastly, it will drive the creation of underground services to provide such information at a premium ... at least, until those services get to be well-known, at which point they'll get shut down. All in all, it should be interesting to see how it shakes out.

----

PokerStars’ Policy Regarding “Rankings / Ratings” Services

Distribution: Operators of Online Poker Player Ranking Sites

To ensure player privacy regarding certain player statistics and financial information gathered by websites (hereinafter “Service Operator”) that collect and organize PokerStars players’ results by various means, PokerStars has devised the following rules with which such Service Operators must comply:

1. No player profitability data (i.e. ROI, net profit, etc) may be displayed on any player unless the player has explicitly opted into such display by transferring $0.03 to a prominently published PokerStars account owned by the Service Operator. This request must be acknowledged by the Service Operator by sending the $0.03 back to the player as confirmation within a reasonable time frame not to exceed 5 days.

2. Any player may choose to completely opt out of having any information about them displayed on the Service. To do so, player will transfer $0.01 to the service operator’s PokerStars account. This request must be acknowledged by the Service Operator by sending the $0.01 back to the player as confirmation within a reasonable time frame not to exceed 5 days. Note that the amount here is different, in order to distinguish an opt-out request from an opt-in request.

3. The use of the “transfer from user to Service and back again” method for opt-in and opt-out is required. This method permits these requests to be handled privately and securely without the disclosure of the player’s Email, real name, or other private information. Only the player’s PokerStars User ID is required.

4. Both the opt-in and opt-out options must be prominently displayed on the main / front page of the Service (at minimum, a normal-sized link on the front page to a more complete description elsewhere).

5. If the service’s operation pre-dates the establishment of these guidelines, there shall be no “grandfather clause” for existing data. 100% of historical profitability data must be removed from view until such time as a player explicitly opts in as above.

Any Service Operator found to be in violation of these rules risks having their access to PokerStars’ game client restricted and/or the service impeded, including but not limited to the warning of players who access the Service while the PokerStars client is open.

[/ QUOTE ]

so how is pokerstars going to stop the people at sharkscope if they dont comply?
Old 08-05-2007, 11:51 AM

Under this policy, will these sites still be able to publish all these 3 stats:

number of events
total prize winnings
average buy in