Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 05:42 AM

Default PLO 100 - Playing top 2 against an agro opponent on a dangerous board

opponent is either on tilt or is just a bad player - after 147 hands he finished $350 down and is running 45/30/5.00 on the session, the rest of the table are solid and seem to be content with waiting for opertunities to pick him off

how is my line here? with top 2 on this board i would rather check call the flop and see what the turn brings before deciding how to play the rest of the hand. the 4 is obviously a good card and i fell he will bet so i decided to check raise - is this a good line in these spots generally??

Cryptologic
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $2</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($6, 3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $6</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($18, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $18</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $65.9</font>, CO calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($149.8, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $149.8)

Results (in white): <font color="white"> Holmeren showed [8h 7h 3c 5s] and won ($146.80) with A Straight, Nine high </font>
Final pot: $149.8
Old 07-20-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Re: PLO 100 - Playing top 2 against an agro opponent on a dangerous board

I think this a very good/standard line against an overaggresive opponent. This is noticably better than c/r the flop and leading a safe turn.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Re: PLO 100 - Playing top 2 against an agro opponent on a dangerous bo

I would prefer to bet-3bet the flop because lagtards will often put you on a draw and try to isolate you but your line is fine.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Re: PLO 100 - Playing top 2 against an agro opponent on a dangerous bo

Looks good to me. Rempels line is also good. One issue with your line is you may let BB see the turn as well, and top two pair is probably not looking too good in a three way pot on a four flush / straight board.

However, if you can fold to some turn cards (which you can), your line is good.