Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Politics Forum Split

You politics guys wear your pants too tight, I suggest you loosen up, otherwise you'll have a heart attack before your glorious AC revolution comes to pass.

I haven't been to the politics forum in a while. It takes a lot of time to participate, and the constant AC hijacking makes it pretty unreadable. Maybe things have gotten better since I have been gone, but I doubt it.

A while ago, there was a debate in the Politics forum about whether there should, or should not, be an AC FAQ that is stickied in the front page. I thought it was a bad idea for the same reason creating a "Political Theory" forum is a bad idea. When you create a FAQ, or a whole forum, dedicated to AC, then you are legitimizing an extreme political ideology that very few people buy into.

I know you're going to come back with the "it's a political theory forum, not an AC forum", but we all know what it is that you want. The only political theory topics that come up are things like "How does gravity work under AC" or "Why can't I buy a Whopper without the STATE breathing down my back?". Any political theory topics that are not about AC, quickly degrade into arguments about AC. What you want is a forum dedicated completely to your wacky philosophy.

By splitting the forums, there would still be one unreadable forum with even more hijackings, and another forum with virtually no traffic. Personally, I think banning hijackers, that derail every single thread in politics, even if it's just for an hour, will put a quick stop to the mess that is the forum.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you create a FAQ, or a whole forum, dedicated to AC, then you are legitimizing an extreme political ideology that very few people buy into.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] XxGodJrXx
Old 07-03-2007, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You politics guys wear your pants too tight, I suggest you loosen up, otherwise you'll have a heart attack before your glorious AC revolution comes to pass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I have this condition where I get annoyed anytime someone acts like a pompous dick. Of course, I could just as easily tell you to loosen up and stop being so offended that people are discussing something you don't like and to stop trying to micromanage discussion.
[ QUOTE ]
A while ago, there was a debate in the Politics forum about whether there should, or should not, be an AC FAQ that is stickied in the front page. I thought it was a bad idea for the same reason creating a "Political Theory" forum is a bad idea. When you create a FAQ, or a whole forum, dedicated to AC, then you are legitimizing an extreme political ideology that very few people buy into.

[/ QUOTE ]
Like it or not discussion about ACism is what most politics posters like to do. With the exception of thread hijacking which I think should be enforced against, anyone that doesn't feel like discussing AC can avoid it.

The AC faq has decreased discussion about AC, which was it's intended purpose. Many people will put rendom questions about AC in threads, and Instead of hijacking a thread ACist can simply tell the person to read the part of the faq that addresses this question.
[ QUOTE ]
I know you're going to come back with the "it's a political theory forum, not an AC forum", but we all know what it is that you want. The only political theory topics that come up are things like "How does gravity work under AC" or "Why can't I buy a Whopper without the STATE breathing down my back?".

[/ QUOTE ]
Any theory posts are welcomed. There happens to be mostly AC theory posts because a disproportionately large amount of people want to discuss the theory.
[ QUOTE ]
Any political theory topics that are not about AC, quickly degrade into arguments about AC.

-childish insult snipped-

[/ QUOTE ]
I await your evidence of ACists doing this.
[ QUOTE ]
I think banning hijackers, that derail every single thread in politics, even if it's just for an hour, will put a quick stop to the mess that is the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good, we agree.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When you create a FAQ, or a whole forum, dedicated to AC, then you are legitimizing an extreme political ideology that very few people buy into.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] XxGodJrXx

[/ QUOTE ]
I await your response in the other AtF thread.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...No need to split up an already low trafficed forum...

[/ QUOTE ]

Shake, Can you please define "low trafficed" for me?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:20 AM

Since you say that AC discussion has gone down, and therefore, political theory discussion has gone down in general (since it is what most politics forum posters want to talk about), then we must agree that a Political Theory forum is not necessary. After all, Politics is already one of the lowest trafficked forums in 2+2, and with a decrease in Political Theory discussion, a separate forum to address issues that less people are talking about (according to you), must not be necessary.

P.S. Stop being so pretentious and hostile all the time, you are part of the reason that Politics is unreadable.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is my way of saying that gosh, we missed you guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I break a rule (written or un) by posting this here. As I said, I took a long break from poly so if I missed something hopefully the mods will lock/delete.

Cody
Old 07-03-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you say that AC discussion has gone down, and therefore, political theory discussion has gone down in general (since it is what most politics forum posters want to talk about), then we must agree that a Political Theory forum is not necessary. After all, Politics is already one of the lowest trafficked forums in 2+2, and with a decrease in Political Theory discussion, a separate forum to address issues that less people are talking about (according to you), must not be necessary.

P.S. Stop being so pretentious and hostile all the time, you are part of the reason that Politics is unreadable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Xx,
I think you might be confused here. Shake isn't wanting a split, I was. I'm not an ACist.

Cody
Old 07-03-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with you.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You insult a group of people of which I am a part of and I'm the hostile one? Give me a break.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any political theory topics that are not about AC, quickly degrade into arguments about AC.

-childish insult snipped-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I await your evidence of ACists doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shake, please take this kind of thing to LoL. I'd guess that in the past year almost 1 in every 2 threads are hijacked in some way. That mega-thread PVN and I contributed to was fine, it was entitled "Reactions to AC" so you'd expect some AC/state debate in there, but Nielsio's "Jackbooted thug" hijacks, his posts that don't serve as anything but JFK conspiracy and yet another attempt to say his tag-line "The [censored]'s going down", and people coming into threads that are about current political events attempting to start an AC debate are cluttering a forum that doesn't need them.

Cody

Cody
Closed Thread