FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Call or fold?
Call 1 11.11%
Fold 8 88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Degen was just banned

[ QUOTE ]
Has it been confirmed that Falang is Degen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. It's common knowledge that controversial is spelled controvercial by all Americans living in Thailand.

For those who missed Beanie's post on P5's not too long ago, check this out. He sent this to Beanie over some argument about affiliate business.

It was titled "Degen sent my info to the IRS", or something:

"I know many on this site do business with him and I thought everyone should be made aware of what he will do with your personal information as it relates to poker.

He was involved in some questionable business practices and I called him on it. Since he really had no retort this is what he did. Everyone on this site knows that I pay my taxes and I am a big advocate of paying what you owe but this is uncalled for and has no place coming from someone with people's personal info.

"grindblog@gmail.com" <grindblog@gmail.com>

[Add to Address Book]
To:
@comcast.net
Subject:
Just dropped this in the mail...
Date:
Sunday, February 11, 2007 9:17:43 AM

Internal Revenue Service
30 East 7th Street
St. Paul, MN 55101

Re: Paul Nobles, suspected tax evader

Greetings,

I'd like to bring to your attention an individual who likely has evaded a large amount of his US tax liability in 2005 and 2006 and who is likely be to currently planning further evasion for 2007.

Paul Nobles of Eagan, MN "one of the biggest affiliates in online poker" according to the Bodog Marketing Conference 2006 literature which you can easily find online by entering 'Paul Nobles' into Google. He is behind the gambling promotion site UltimatePals.com which Mr. Nobles boasts as having over 10,000 members.

In all liklihood online poker sites pay Mr. Nobles hundreds of thousands of dollars each and every month. The main source for affiliates such as Mr. Nobles to gain access to these funds has been Neteller.com until recently. If you review his Neteller records (note they have an ATM card feature, be sure to check if he has withdrawn from this!), and compare those to his IRS filings you are likly to see major discrepancies.

Also he has recently taken a trip to the international tax haven of Costa Rica. Neteller has recently cut off services to US individuals so it is likely Mr. Nobles is setting up some kind of shady offshore banking mechanisms to evade US regulations regarding transactions related to online gaming.

In addition to these activities Mr. Nobles won $ 38,759 in the 2006 World Series of Poker and $ 15,000 in the 2004 World Series of Poker, in case he didn't report that as income.

Good luck in recovering money that rightfully belongs to the government of the United States.

Regards,

I think this post is very important to many people on this site and it would disappoint me greatly if it got deleted. I can not think of anything more eggregious than what he did sharing my personal information. Lets hope he doesn't have too many peoples info."

Granted, he may not have actually sent this email to the IRS and this has nothing to do with 2p2 directly. However, it shows that he's definitely capable of displaying some pretty poor judgment and pulling some shady [censored]. If this is indicative of how he runs his affiliate business, why would anyone want him allowed back into the A/R forum?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:00 AM

lol
Old 03-08-2007, 11:12 AM

heater,

Don't eff with the man.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's common knowledge that controversial is spelled controvercial by all Americans living in Thailand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do all Americans change the way they spell this word when they move to Thailand? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2007, 11:37 AM

Wow...what a douchebag.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:16 PM

Degen - Why are you referring to yourself in the 3rd person?
Old 03-08-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's common knowledge that controversial is spelled controvercial by all Americans living in Thailand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do all Americans change the way they spell this word when they move to Thailand? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was being facetious about my earlier post when I said it appeared controvercial was a common misspelling. I know little about Degen and didn't know he is American. My bad. I'll get my coat.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Falang is also obviously Degan. Can mods confirm this by IP address or something and ban that account as well?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-08-2007, 08:13 PM

Link to his racist comments?
Old 03-08-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Link to his racist comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's one example that I remember.