Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Opening Up Your Eyes and Your Game (very long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ugh...why post this? AJ if you have such a firm grasp on the game, as it seems you do from this post...why post it for free for anyone to read? I know i sound selfish, but really!

[/ QUOTE ]

seems to be consistent with EVERY OTHER POST ON 2+2. i admit this was better than most, but this is a forum where everybody collaborates to become better. don't worry too much, the # of people that will read this post is almost certainly <1% of your opponents lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. less than 1 %? Nearly every 3/6 table i look at has 1 or 2 regulars, half of whom I KNOW read this forum. I love 2+2...but this specific advice...Kratzer, Fenix..this only hurts us.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ugh...why post this? AJ if you have such a firm grasp on the game, as it seems you do from this post...why post it for free for anyone to read? I know i sound selfish, but really!

[/ QUOTE ]

seems to be consistent with EVERY OTHER POST ON 2+2. i admit this was better than most, but this is a forum where everybody collaborates to become better. don't worry too much, the # of people that will read this post is almost certainly <1% of your opponents lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. less than 1 %? Nearly every 3/6 table i look at has 1 or 2 regulars, half of whom I KNOW read this forum. I love 2+2...but this specific advice...Kratzer, Fenix..this only hurts us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go away.

Great post, I will definitely be looking to use the second barrel more often, as it is a play I rarely use now.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:46 AM

jesus, AJ... thats a hell of a post. much respect.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go away.

Great post, I will definitely be looking to use the second barrel more often, as it is a play I rarely use now.

[/ QUOTE ]

go away says the man who desperately needs the advice.

of course.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, a lot of players dont have the situational reading skills to use this advice without losing a lot of money as compared to their normal games. Another group doesnt have the bankroll, or the stomach to use this advice. (and trust me the bankroll req's are enormous, hence why a lot of ppl say 25 buyins is good for midstakes games, but for higher games you need 50ish.

Third and finally, most of the good midstakers who meet these criteria already play like this. At least in the upper midstakes games where ppl actually fold and this post is applicable. Sooooo...AJ posting this isnt the end of the world and you shouldnt complain, cuz it IS very good advice and this forum IS about learning.

-Mike
Old 04-28-2006, 04:21 AM

"Third and finally, most of the good midstakers who meet these criteria already play like this"

While I agree with much of your post, I really don't think most of the decent midstakers realize what AJ has posted. Sure, they are winning players, but now mediocre winning players like Karak are gonna be two-barrelling, thus cutting down a few of our winrates.

I realize this forum is about learning, and perhaps I was out of line with this whole line of posts.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:28 AM

Wow.

You're acting like he released some huge poker secrets.

Though the concepts he talks about are solid, good advice, they're very basic advice.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow.

Though the concepts he talks about are solid, good advice, they're very basic advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are so basic, then why all the "great post" , "i'll start doing that more" , "wonderful advice" comments?

Obviously I am fighting a battle I will not win here. Keep posting away.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are so basic, then why all the "great post" , "i'll start doing that more" , "wonderful advice" comments?

Obviously I am fighting a battle I will not win here. Keep posting away.

[/ QUOTE ]

what? Reraising more preflop, firing 2 barrels, and having a bigger bankroll?

These should be part of a winning NL short-handed players aresenal. As well as overbetting, changing gears, squeeze plays, etcetera.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:39 AM

McShove,

CR all turn 2nd barrels and 4bet pre!