Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 04-01-2006, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Stupid Dealer Trick #143

Lets see if I have this straight, the guy has limped in 3 times in a row for 5* BB and you just limp in not taking that into account.... Hmmmmmmmm
Old 04-01-2006, 08:54 PM

Just a hint, people that have absolutely no reading comprehension skills should refrain from flaming other posters.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:39 PM

What are you implying sir....
Old 04-02-2006, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you implying sir....

[/ QUOTE ]

1 - The guy wasn't limping in, he was raising every time.

2 - The OP was in the BB, he's kinda forced into putting in his $3...
Old 04-02-2006, 12:34 AM

Wow, what the dealer did here is really bad. I would never do this in the box and would be pissed if a dealer did so while I was playing.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets see if I have this straight, the guy has limped in 3 times in a row for 5* BB and you just limp in not taking that into account.... Hmmmmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont have it straight. How is raising considering limping? The guy RAISED 5xbb, he didn't limp in for 5xbb. Its not possible to limp for more than the bb. And if someone has raised in front of you, you are not smoothcalling in no limit, or cold calling 2bets + in limit.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:16 AM

This guy is doing everyone at the table a favor by making it $15 pf every time. If you don't know how to counteract this situation and turn it into something very profitable for yourself (also given the other players reaction to frequently flat calling his raise) - then you should play blackjack.

This is pretty much the same thing as a guy always straddling. It gives a lot of action that wouldn't normally be there.

Just in case I need to spell it out for you - lets say you have a top 5 hand and you are in the big blind. This bozo raises to $15, and you get a couple callers. That is the baby no-limit dream. You have the best hand p/f with a pot that is already around $50 in a game with an average pot of $25?!?! Derrrrrrrrrr...... Just make sure he is on your left and don't do anything to discourage his behavior (even if the dealer did f--- it up).
Old 04-02-2006, 02:28 AM

I didn't read the post...can I simply assume by the title of the post that this player is a super-Nit?
Old 04-02-2006, 03:56 AM

Quick thread hijack, about my favorite stupid dealer trick, from my favorite dealer in AC. Lets say there is a guy at the table who is on a bit of a heater, and is fairly goodnatured, but sort of new. Its important that he isnt REALLY new or its not funny. Well, the dealer, instead of boxing his tokes, saves a few in a row in an inconspicuous pile near his box. Well, the next time this guy wins a pot UTG, and puts out his blind, the dealer really quick scoops it, taps it and thanks him for the toke. Its hilarious to watch the guys reaction as he tries to decide whether to protest or act cool like he meant to tip anyhow. Obviously, the dealer saved the tokes so he can replace the blind, but its still hilarious.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOCAL NIT ALERT: This explains it, you live in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...yup...calm down, boys n girls...it's a 1-3 game where 70% of the players are having fun. The others are nits or wannabe pros. I can see this being done in a humorous manner with the obvious opportunity to clean it up instantly.

"How much is it to me?" dealers laughs and says "$15?" guy throws out $15...dealer stops and says..."sir..it was only 3 to go...that was a joke" Now you gonna be a nit too? oh you have Aces and you want to make him be forced to keep it out? Which is what happens with local nits. They dont want it to hurt them when it isnt to thier advantage and when it is the want the letter of the law. (chips in pot stay in pot)

Hell I've had players in $25-$50 blinds PLO ask me how much it was to go when they have made every single pot a certain amount 10 times in a row. They say it with a twinkle in their eye...I answer with the "pot it" amount...everyone knows, laughs or smirks and play continues...usually with a "see even the dealer knows how much I'm betting".

NEVER has there been a complaint in spots like this for me.

I can see how you can be all pissy over it. Just be sure you are seeing it in the right context before you get all pissy about it. I may be wrong but I think it sounds like a little light humor to keep the game "fun". And fun games are profitable for all.