Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-22-2007, 01:04 PM

Default AA 8k deep vs applsgirls

villain is the mysterious applsgirls on UB. Very loose, calls a ton of reraises, plays pretty well postflop. I don't know if he respects my game but we go at it a ton, I repop lots of his late position opens.

I don't have the HH so I may get it slightly wrong. I'm in sb with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He opens button to 175, I repop to 725. He calls, flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I lead 1200 and he makes it 3100. Thoughts?
Old 11-22-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: AA 8k deep vs applsgirls

Call and push a blankish turn.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:12 PM

No real reason, I just feel like it.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:41 PM

I think with all the draws out there you kind of have to go broke with the hand. Shoving on turn is prolly best when you have more equity against combo draws.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think with the absence of any cards on board higher than your pair you kind of have to go broke with the hand. Shoving on turn is prolly best when you have more equity against combo draws.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2007, 02:03 PM

get it in, especially cause u dont have the Ac.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:51 PM

I would say shove here... The board is drawy, meaning he can have many draw combos which you have good equity against. It will also make him more inclined to protect hands weaker than yours strongly, and I think he has probably committed himself with AJ+ here after raising the flop. You also want to avoid him having a hand which he would stack off with now which he re-evaluates after a scary turn.

I also have a quick question here about waiting til the turn... do people really find that works well here these days? Maybe I game select bad or run bad, but any time i dabble in mid-high stakes NL game, they know what you have MOST of the time when you call the flop raise and take free cards on the turn, it's not like the old party days where they just blindly fire because they think they have outs and you can just wait for them to fire and get it in with the most equity. Just curious what people's experience with this is...
Old 11-22-2007, 02:54 PM

Location: Don\'t Call it a comeback... Ive been here for years

i think in today's games, getting it in here is better than waiting till the turn, esp since you are oop. That whole call then shove any non threatening turn line is really awkward to pull off against anyone decent oop.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:59 PM

you've got an overpair, and it is bigger than all other overpairs if you ask me, so you should go all in like fwf suggests
Old 11-22-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say shove here... The board is drawy, meaning he can have many draw combos which you have good equity against. It will also make him more inclined to protect hands weaker than yours strongly, and I think he has probably committed himself with AJ+ here after raising the flop. You also want to avoid him having a hand which he would stack off with now which he re-evaluates after a scary turn.

I also have a quick question here about waiting til the turn... do people really find that works well here these days? Maybe I game select bad or run bad, but any time i dabble in mid-high stakes NL game, they know what you have MOST of the time when you call the flop raise and take free cards on the turn, it's not like the old party days where they just blindly fire because they think they have outs and you can just wait for them to fire and get it in with the most equity. Just curious what people's experience with this is...

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually didn't see the wait for turn part of the quote i was quoting. i think with KK that's significantly better becuase you're not that far ahead of nut flush draws but with AA obviously pushing on the flop is more effective.

and the point of seeing a free card isn't to induce a bet you can c/r. you can just stop and go the guy and bet out. it's a line i take a lot and for some reason players are still suspicious of it and look you up or talk themselves into awful plays with draws anyway.