Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 03:50 PM

Default [25NL] Multidraw vs TP

Table is so tight-passive that is boring. I think I am the only one raising preflop. Villain is tight-passive-bad with 3BI+.

25NL
Effective stacks $25
Villain limps UTG for $0.25
2 folds
Hero is in the CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and raises to $1.10
folded to Villain who calls

Pot=$2.55
Flop comes 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks
Hero bets $1.55
Villain raises to $3.10
Hero calls

Pot=$8.75
Turn comes J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain checks
Hero bets $5.25
Villain raises to $10.50
Hero?
Pot is $24.50
Hero has $15.55 left

Comments on all streets appreciated
Old 11-19-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: [25NL] Multidraw vs TP

At 25nl im 3bet/calling or shoving his 4bet.

On the turn the bet is ok (you have to call min raise here), but probably best to check behind, and take the free card. This gives him an opportunity to lead out on the river and you get away if you completely miss. If you dont believe him you can call a smaller bet. Im putting him on a set/78ish/a8 type hand at this point (before your bet), so you can probably stack him on the river.

If you elect to cold call the turn...on the river its hit or miss for the rest of your stack.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: [25NL] Multidraw vs TP

I would check behind the turn usually because I wouldn't want to get checkraised off a nice draw (plus we have a decent showdownable hand). But it seems villian has no concept of odds, so he is making it fairly cheap for you to draw.

With stacksizes, though, I'd hate to call and then fold a blank river (assuming he shoves river theres 40 dollars in the pot and we have 10 behind).

The double checkraise looks very suspicious. If he has a set, why check the turn especially after he has revealed through his flop cr that he has a strong hand? Do you think this passive player is doing it with maybe 99 or 1010?

Against a range of 77-TT,22,78o,78s your equity is 53% so I'd shove turn or call turn and make a crying call on river. I don't think I'm folding this, especially now that we bet turn. Being passive like you say, I'm not putting him on a draw.

Board: 2d 7h 8d Js
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 53.914% 53.54% 00.38% 636 4.50 { JdTd }
Hand 1: 46.086% 45.71% 00.38% 543 4.50 { TT-77, 22, 87s, 87o }

Even if you add JJ and QQ to his range your equity doesn't change much.

P.S. I'd like to 3bet/shove flop too, but I feel I get called all the time with passive players who can never fold an overpair so with no fold equity I'm electing to just call the flop.