Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 11-03-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: I would NOT do God\'s will if he were immoral

[ QUOTE ]
all the christians hang their heads in shame, admitting: "well we were wrong. turns out god doesn't exist after all..."

I dont see whats wrong with this statement. Just because there is some sort of creator doesnt mean a christian has to call him god

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does. Just as God is DEFINED as being perfectly good, he is also defined as being the creator.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all the christians hang their heads in shame, admitting: "well we were wrong. turns out god doesn't exist after all..."

I dont see whats wrong with this statement. Just because there is some sort of creator doesnt mean a christian has to call him god

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a question of whether they have to, it's a question of whether they would.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because we have free will?

sounds circular? why do you trust logic .... its logical?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, its practical.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:33 PM

Ok, so he accepts his role as scapegoat, but still, is it moral to have him do so, even if he and his dad want him to??
Old 11-04-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so he accepts his role as scapegoat, but still, is it moral to have him do so, even if he and his dad want him to??

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense intended Max but what little moral sense I have has been put in me by God. I'm not even going to try to second guess him.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense intended Max but what little moral sense I have has been put in me by God. I'm not even going to try to second guess him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scapegoating is clearly immoral and horrifyingly wrong. Its among the most disgusting aspects of Christianity. Right after Hell I'd say.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:02 AM

<font color="blue"> I'm not even going to try to second guess him. </font>

Of course you won't. Not even in the face of logic and reason. It's why you're a believer and others aren't.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:31 AM

No offense taken, and none meant either. If you're right and god did endow you (and presumably me) with this moral sense, then why does he so often (at least in his inerrant book(s) and from claims of the majority of his follows) act immorally, when he could have accomplished the same things with kinder methods??

Even given that there may be some greater purpose of which we lowly humans might not be aware, a purpose which by its nature makes his seemingly immoral actions moral in that greater context, why should I (or anybody) be punished for acting in what we perceive as a moral way with what information we have???

The problem is that if you allow god one premise, then he faults in another area, and if you allow him that, then the first cannot hold true. In some way or another, at many times, god has acted in a way which can ONLY be seen as immoral, no matter what allowances you give him.

And that's why I made the original post.