Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-19-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Everybody else is doing it

I call here always but stove is a bad justification. On the river I dunno man, I think if he has something like KT he def won't fold, so it's a pretty narrow range you're trying to get at.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:02 PM

I call pf & peel the flop always. A turn raise i don't think is spewy - sure it feels dumb when they always call because "you obv. have a draw" but I swear they find folds occasionally when I have Q9. I don't think I like the river bet but then again I never bluff bet.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

folding pf is def wrong. A 40/20 guy will be raising probably 60% of his hands here. Just stove it, its not close.

folding the flop is debateable. Raising the turn feels spewy imo. I have no idea about the river. Eager to here more responses cuz I am unsure about all the post-flop streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was being tongue in cheek, and in fact my intitial thought was that popping the turn is spewy, but not against this opponent, bc as you said his range is very wide, he will be barreling turn most of the time and he will have to give up on alot of his range. Popping the turn against a 24/18 type is obviously a spew, but we should be trying to use this guys weaknesses to our advantage. This is a good way to make sure he doesnt run over us in blind battles.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call here always but stove is a bad justification.

[/ QUOTE ]

err care to give a better one?

only better one i can think of is if you have a large sample size of playing similar hands in similar spots vs. similar villains.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:40 AM

hot and cold equity is a good indication of playabiltity here imo. I don't think we have any RIO because we have positional advantage so we're going to be able to outplay villain postflop
Old 10-20-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

folding pf is def wrong. A 40/20 guy will be raising probably 60% of his hands here. Just stove it, its not close.

folding the flop is debateable. Raising the turn feels spewy imo. I have no idea about the river. Eager to here more responses cuz I am unsure about all the post-flop streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'll chime in here...

PREFLOP: Easy call. If anyone is folding in this spot, stop doing that right away. Folding here is quite a large mistake IMO.

FLOP: Obviously the funnest street. I think your flop peel is a bit too loose unless you have a special read that this guy gives up alot on the turn. I think peeling the flop with two overcards to the middle card on the board is fine, a hand like J8 for example. Of course once you decide to peel here, I think you should strongly consider raising instead on this particular board.

TURN: Looks fine.

RIVER: Looks fine. Given the way you played this hand, it really looks like you have a pair. If your opponent is even halfway aware, this bluff should be profitable.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:26 AM

pf depends on the rake and limits and villains.

at 10/20 1/2 structure, pf is fine imo.

i don't mind the flop peel against a guy that fires a lot on flop but gives up on turn by check/folding. otherwise, the flop peel is bleh. you have like no plan it seems. have a plan.

as played, river bet is bleh. ace hi calls you. any pair calls you. maybe even ki hi. i doubt you fold him out. you represent nothing.