Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Old 10-19-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Prestigious Careers

I was just listening to a song and it made me think of this topic.

What do you think is the most prestigious career field? What do you think is the most satisfactory?

Would it be a doctor who goes to school for 11-15 years and has the ability to save lives?

Would it be the President who has the responsibility of policy foreign and domestic among other duties?

Would it be an entrepreneur who is the leader in innovation and imagination, the one who creates value?

Would it be the Chairman of the Federal Reserve who has the responsibility of monetary policy to ensure a stable economy, among other things?

Or is it a teacher/professor, one who teaches America's youth and dedicates their lives to education?

Or is it something else?

*I just made these up on the fly and they may not even be accurate.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Prestigious Careers

you forgot to add the career of pimpin hoes

Honestly, I think there is no better career than starting your own business, and running it successfully. I mean, anybody can get a good job, but it takes something special to start a company and create jobs for others.

Indy
Old 10-19-2007, 01:09 PM

web page

Americans view firefighters and doctors as having the most prestigious professions, according to a recent Harris Interactive poll.

When read a list of different occupations, 63% of respondents to the telephone poll said they feel firefighters have "very great" prestige, while 58% said doctors do. Other professions that were seen as having very great prestige included: nurses (55%), scientists (54%), teachers (52%) and military officers (51%).

The occupations seen by the fewest people as having very great prestige were: real-estate brokers (6%), stockbrokers (11%), business executives (11%), actors (12%), union leaders (12%) and journalists (12%).

lol.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:13 PM

I guess that sums it up alot.

Stinky - which profession do you think is?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:33 PM

im currently looking for a prestigious career. anyone hiring?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:39 PM

As long as he is happy and has the freedom [and means] to do anything at anytime that he wants, I consider his career prestigious.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

web page

Americans view firefighters and doctors as having the most prestigious professions, according to a recent Harris Interactive poll.

When read a list of different occupations, 63% of respondents to the telephone poll said they feel firefighters have "very great" prestige, while 58% said doctors do. Other professions that were seen as having very great prestige included: nurses (55%), scientists (54%), teachers (52%) and military officers (51%).

The occupations seen by the fewest people as having very great prestige were: real-estate brokers (6%), stockbrokers (11%), business executives (11%), actors (12%), union leaders (12%) and journalists (12%).

lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you "lol"? The data you posted seems to be the correct answer.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:54 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Because my 3 friends who are firefighters are only firefighters because they didnt go to college, couldnt get other jobs and this job has ridiculous retirement/benefits. Now thats prestige.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because my 3 friends who are firefighters are only firefighters because they didnt go to college, couldnt get other jobs and this job has ridiculous retirement/benefits. Now thats prestige.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be curious to see this same poll pre 9/11, in my mind this is when people seemed to go nuts over firefighters nationwide.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:12 PM

i'd say most prestigious is probably supreme court chief justice. you get less political ire than president, and everyone respects the institution.