Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 10-14-2007, 05:10 PM

Default What Have You Collected?

So what do you guys collect or what do you like to buy? Did you collect anything as a kid?

I'm not much of a collector but when I was a girl I used to collect stuff like this,

I don't know anything about model horses. I just liked them and would always ask for one for my birthday. They used to be lined up on my book shelves. Anyway, that's the closest I got to owning a horse or taking riding lessons [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. (my parents were cheap)

Like I said, I'm not really a collector anymore and I'm not sentimental about much of anything.

Meanwhile, this is just the latest thing my bf has bought that he thinks he needs in his collection of stupid things. He has not one but two. (i'm guessing he was drunk when he made the purchase but who knows.) I'm not trying to knock anyone's collection of crap but seriously, what are we going to do, put these on and fight each other after work? Why would you need this?

The only thing I can think of that I have a problem collecting now is clothing. I tend to get in a rut and buy the same item over and over. Are you like me where you have too much of one kind of clothing item, maybe stuff you wear too often that your family would like to see stop?

Going through my closet the other day, it was pointed out to me that I have a collection of short sleeve and sleeveless black shirts. Probably something like 20. BF thought it was ridiculous and I should throw some out. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I've taken some pics so I will show you guys in a minute.

So is there something that you collect that your family members (or significant other) think is just stupid?
Old 10-14-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: What Have You Collected?

Not really, I never really got into long term collections of anything. I went through the baseball card and comic book phase as a kid, and thats about it. For a while I was collecting blunt wraps (the wrapper after it was used) and collected a pretty nice stack. I had a bunch of different flavors and it smelled really good. I havent added any to my collection in a couple years because I started using dutch masters. My friends who smoked thought it was cool, and other people who were not big into smoking thought I was weird.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:05 PM

so where's your blunt wrap stack now?

Also, do you have one type of shirt you wear too much?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:05 PM

When I was a kid I collected baseball and football cards. I still have a few that are worth some $$ in a safety deposit box. The others are, well I really don't know what happened to them.

As I got older I started collecting knives, fantasy swords/ knives and hot sauces. I know, I'm weird. I haven't added to the collection in the last year or two b/c I got lazy. I prob need to check into some of the stuff that's came out in that time.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:06 PM

take a picture of your knives and hot sauces. I want to see them.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:08 PM

As a kid I collected anything and everything Star Wars. That picture you posted of Darth Vader, I had that...it was a carrying case for all my action figures. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Now, as an adult, I collect fairies. Especially red headed ones. I was given one as a gift from my now ex-husband on the day after my gastric bypass surgery. Ever since then I started collecting them.

T
Old 10-14-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so where's your blunt wrap stack now?

Also, do you have one type of shirt you wear too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 6 black pokerstars shirts, I use them as rags to quickly wipe spilled drinks on my floor. I also use them to make ninja masks, when I feel like running around in the darkness hidden from everybody (when they are clean).
Old 10-14-2007, 06:15 PM

Cool topic.

I collect memories. I have had this same old box for the last 20+ years and I collect important memories in it by saving a little something from significant events. I have the usual items one would expect - pictures, ticket stubs, letters, etc. However, I have some unusual items - a Michael Jackson candy bar from a trip to Greece in 1991, a semi-adult magazine from a newsstand in Paris, the head scarf from a girl from a very special moment we shared, and a very bad bracelet I wore when going through a phase in college. There are also some super special things in there that I would never show anyone.

It is by far my most prized possession and if my place was burning it would be the one thing I would make sure I saved. Its loss would be unbearable.

I also used to collect guitar magazines and guitar books when I used to play many years ago. I probably have the sheet music for 10,000 or more songs and 1,000s of guitar lessons. The books and magazine fill a big closet.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have 6 black pokerstars shirts, I use them as rags to quickly wipe spilled drinks on my floor. I also use them to make ninja masks, when I feel like running around in the darkness hidden from everybody (when they are clean).

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Do you do this often, run around in the dark?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
take a picture of your knives and hot sauces. I want to see them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would but I don't have a digital camera. I know...get with the times. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I could prob find a few pics of some of the fantasy knives/swords online if that's good enough. Same thing for the hot sauces.