Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 10-15-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Why does it matter if Hitler was atheist/Christian...??

[ QUOTE ]
So Zee, your point being that God is a negative on the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually a thoughtful question, so I'll take the time to answer it.

My personal belief is of course that there is no God, and it's a very strong belief to put it mildly.

I think the idea of God helped society a great deal, especially in the first millennium.

Last century, however, things changed, and the idea of God has become extremely destructive to our modern society.

My favorite example of this is the whole premarital sex thing. This was a great rule before we had contraceptives, but now it just prevents people from experiencing the greatest feeling in the world.

Our society has advanced to the point where we have enough power to govern ourselves, and don't need an ill-founded set of morals. Furthermore, I think those morals are terrible. Have you ever read any of the old testament? Rules about when rape, slavery, and murder are not only ok, but mandatory.

Even forgetting those, here are some rules/beliefs that are still followed today:

No premarital sex.

Gays are bad.

If someone doesn't follow your beliefs, you should first try to convert them, and if you can't, then you must kill them (This is actually a surprisingly common Muslim belief)

Condoms don't prevent aids (Thanks to Pope John Paul II, this one was a MAJOR cause in leading to the spread of aids in Africa)

Furthermore, the entire foundation of faith in religion discourages truth, in this is becoming especially destructive in terms of scientific and medical advances. Not having evolution taught in every school across the world is just a complete joke.

I could go on, but I think I've summed up my beliefs enough.

I guess I should mention the idea of God also does a lot of good, but in the past 100 years, the scale has tilted HEAVILY in favor of the bad.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's like trying tell someone who for sure thinks those puffy white things in the sky are marshmallows are really called clouds.

40 Years Later, still thinks they're marshmallows

[/ QUOTE ]

All this equal rights, don't blow people up is fun stuff for the terrorist too, they just laugh at us like, yeh, look at this guy , hes funny and clueless.

lol, oh well, nuff said.

Ha. Totally. Reminds me of people still explaining the world through the eyes of people nearly 2000 years ago. Back then, people explained the world through mysterious Gods who sacrificed their children. Or Noah's ark. Or that Jesus was in America.

All

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. I may have just been leveled. Or this guy is writing in code. Or he forget to actually write down his thoughts.

either way, I'm intrigrued. Whatever it is, I think he has some facts which gives him faith in the unexplained.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's like trying tell someone who for sure thinks those puffy white things in the sky are marshmallows are really called clouds.

40 Years Later, still thinks they're marshmallows

[/ QUOTE ]

All this equal rights, don't blow people up is fun stuff for the terrorist too, they just laugh at us like, yeh, look at this guy , hes funny and clueless.

lol, oh well, nuff said.

Ha. Totally. Reminds me of people still explaining the world through the eyes of people nearly 2000 years ago. Back then, people explained the world through mysterious Gods who sacrificed their children. Or Noah's ark. Or that Jesus was in America.

All

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. I may have just been leveled. Or this guy is writing in code. Or he forget to actually write down his thoughts.

either way, I'm intrigrued. Whatever it is, I think he has some facts which gives him faith in the unexplained.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's either very young, very stupid, or trolling. I haven't figured out which one yet.