Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 10-06-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Live 2/5 donks...Calling Range?

okk this is pretty simple in the standard online game but this happened live, against a specific player and in a specific situation which, when combined together, reallly confused the crap out of me...i'll try to get all the factors across as clear as i can.

i was playing a 2/5 game in nyc..its a small game, with mostly the same lineup of players playing there every week ..im a regular there and have been playing there for about a year..the game is veryyy soft and considering the stakes, i won a pretty decent amout there

the owner of the spot and his wife are the games 2 most consistent regulars..they play all the time and i've played a bunch of hands against both of them..while they got much muchhh better since i first startedd playing there , they're still pretty damn bad..

villain in this hand is the owner's wife...she plays predictable, straightforward and pretty passive.. although recently it seems she learned a little bit and she's been raising/3betting more, limping less and even follows with a continuation bet every now and then...she's semi-loose pre, but shes very straightforward; raising with good hands and limping suited connectors/small pairs/weak hands.

one of her biggest leaks is that she calls a bunch of preflop raises with really weak hands like K4s,78o,A6o,etc.(whether in pos. or out of pos... postion and how it applies isnt a concept they figured out yet) and she'll c/f a bunch of times after missing flop or c/c if she hit a piece..if shes betting/raising it usually means gtfo if u dont have sometihng good.. she's not big on laying down hands and while she wont bet with nothing or with weak hands, she'll float/call off a bunch of money with them.. she barely ever tries to take the pot away and i've seen her pull like 2 big bluffs total in a year of playing together, and even so, she was really tilted when it happened... for the most part, she never gave me trouble in the past, and i correctly layed down some pretty big hands to her in the past..

another thing that's pretty important..while its a friendly atmosphere and everyones talking a lot at the table, etc. her and her husband are loser in these games and are always complaining about how much they lose in poker, how unlucky they are, etc. when one of them is winning, which doesnt happen often, they usually try to hold onto that money and not lose it by the end of the night..

Here's the situation in question:

we've been playing for a while, and the game is about to break up..I'm up a little bit and sitting on ~ $900...the wife was also up and had about the same..everyone else at the table was sitting on prety much 400/500...when this hand was dealt we agreed that we would play 5 more minutes and quit..

it was 5 handed, folded around to me on the button...i make it $20, folded around to villain (wife) in the BB..she says "raise...$100 more"..i think for a little bit and make it $310 to go...at this point she said sometihng along the lines of "u raised to $20 and now u reraise $300...ok i'm all in"

WTFFFF..i was never in a similar situation with her...not telling u what i had yet, but whats ur calling range here????
Old 10-06-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Live 2/5 donks...Calling Range?

AA
Old 10-06-2007, 08:31 PM

your whole range.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your whole range.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol clever. Seriously, just because she's read a bunch doesn't mean she's 5-bet shoving light. You know what she has.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:59 PM

okk so im sitting there with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]...am i crazy for seriously considering folding???
Old 10-07-2007, 07:50 AM

standard fold, next hand.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
okk so im sitting there with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]...am i crazy for seriously considering folding???

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds exactly like a woman that plays regularly in my local game. Instafold.