Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Grimstarr\'s account hacked

deac, MH:

Unfortunately, 2+2 won't allow an "official" tournament to be held at these sites using the 2+2 name or having 2+2 as the "official" organizer (for legal reasons, 2+2 can't sponsor or organize in any way an online tourney for US users). However, the sites are still very interested in promoting their sites to the 2+2 community. They feel like doing something special for the mods and having the whole user community watching the tournament is a great way to do this. However, they need to do it "unofficially" so as to not have any issues like any potential liability for 2+2. That's why neither the sites nor 2+2 will be officially involved in setting this up and why I'm working with my contacts there to act as an intermediary to get everyone signed up.

Obviously, if you aren't comfortable providing the info, just don't sign up. I can totally understand that. I, on the other hand, will be taking my free $2k tourney entries (along with the 23 other mods who have already signed up) and hopefully winning both tournaments!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:12 PM

Yeti: The info you PM'd me will be sufficient.

durron: Yeah, same deal w/ your account, they needed to lock/verify it to do some maintenance and add the entry.

All: Looks like adding the $2k entries to your accounts on both sites may require a temporary locking of your account, since they need to reset permissions so only these accounts can access the special private tournaments. If this happens, don't sweat it, it'll all be configured correctly within a couple of days. Small inconvenience to pay for these great freerolls!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:01 PM

It's not at all that I don't trust you. My concern is that my name, ssn, mother's maiden name, etc... that's enough info to completely steal someone's identity. I consider you one of the most trust worthy people I don't actually know (along with several other Mods here at 2+2). But I don't know you and I certainly don't know any of the people that this very sensitive info is being shared with.

I'm just trying to be sensible. Please do not take it personally. I applaud your efforts and kindness in taking the time to set this up. I'd love to participate. I feel that we Mods have a good time "working" with each other, and I think these tournaments will be a lot of fun. It's just that I like my identity and would like to keep it. I'd be more comfortable if you were willing to share some of the correspondence with me/us. I don't see where that would be asking too much considering the above. My e-mail is deacsoft@gmail.com. If you're able to provide the requested information I'd be more than happy to participate and "vouch" for the validity of this. Which, in turn, may help to alleviate the concerns any others may have. Thus, getting more participation and help to meet the expectations of the sites participating.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be more comfortable if you were willing to share some of the correspondence with me/us. I don't see where that would be asking too much considering the above. My e-mail is deacsoft@gmail.com. If you're able to provide the requested information I'd be more than happy to participate and "vouch" for the validity of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offence, deac, but I think this has to be a one for all and all for one kind of thing.

I hope you realise I'm only playing devil's advocate here, but let's say there was some treacherous tomfoolery going on and Ed brought you in on it for your price, then your vouching for him wouldn't be any better for the rest of us than just having Ed's word.

So, Ed, if you're going to e-mail deac, please e-mail me, too, and I'll vouch for both of you. Thanks.

(Of course, if you're not, no problem, as it sounds like a great tourney for all of us.)
Old 10-04-2007, 09:31 PM

No price is worth stabbing you all in the back. But I do, of course, respect your concern. I'm quite confident there's nothing suspect going on here in the first place.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:26 PM

Hey El D, didn't get a response from you so I just wanted to confirm that you received my info. Thanks again for setting this up.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:44 AM

deac, Mike:

If I wanted to cheat you guys, I could just forge emails and forward them to you. So, even if I send you the emails, there's no proof that they are legit.

Therefore, I'll just put it like this. If you don't believe that this is on the up and up, don't participate. Simple as that.

If I were scamming, I would never say something like that, I would just send you forged emails. Therefore, you can be 100% positive that this is not a scam.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:42 AM

I'm sorry, Ed. Please don't get so upset and uptight about it. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

It's only deac that is accusing you of anything. I'm as happy as a pig in [censored]. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's only deac that is accusing you of anything

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, I am not. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 05:54 AM

Oops. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I thought in your polite and inimitable style you were trying to insinuate that sometimes all might not be as it seems, and that you were giving us a subtle warning to take more care with our personal details, even though it is the upstanding Ed who is asking for them.

So are you in or out?