Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 12:30 AM

Default stumped at this turn decision

no reads on either player. should i call for showdown value or raise to get KJ/KT/K9 type hands to fold? my hand has good equity all around against any hand thats not AQ with the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or a made A high flush. if i raise, then with any luck i might get a lone A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to shove from the SB, too.

keep in mind that this is a multiway pot and the CO and me are deep. if i make it $300 i think most villains will fold KJ/KT/K9/AQ with no diamond from both positions (CO & SB). i think raising also makes this hand easier to play rather than calling and facing another bet if a brick rivers.

thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $5/$10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $935.50
BB: $985.00
Hero (UTG): $2,207.70
MP: $407.60
CO: $3,121.00
BTN: $1,358.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $35.00</font>, MP folds, CO calls $35.00, BTN folds, SB calls $30.00, BB folds

Flop: ($115) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($115) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $90.00</font>, Hero
Old 10-01-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: stumped at this turn decision

what are you repping by raising the turn? i just can't see you convincing any thinking player you've got a strong hand here.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:44 AM

i mean no one will put you on the flush when u check the flop, so i wouldn't raise, you are really repping 1 hand, QQQ, and even that might not raise
Old 10-01-2007, 01:04 AM

I would typically fold pre, not that you really care. Don't really like the thought of playing deep oop vs. CO (unless he's a donk).

Also, I agree with previous posters- I don't really think you can rep a flush well after your flop check. I don't think that many would check 2p/sets/or even TP on this board either. I would probably call or fold the turn.