Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

View Poll Results: Which is more +EV?
Call 31 83.78%
Reraise 6 16.22%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Pm received by a few of us. Not sure what to think.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I felt he deserved to know what was happening, given that he apparently instigated some soul searching on Mat's part.

[/ QUOTE ]

You edited this part in after I responded, but I'll ask again. If you felt that he deserved to know what was going on in the Mod Forum, why not post that here first, so that an admin could tell him what was going on? I'm curious why you felt the need to take this action (which I was under the impression was a no-no) unilaterally.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:54 PM

Do you actually want to know, or is this just your way of dragging me over the coals?

The one time I was banned, Andyfox took it upon himself to PM me that the reason I was unbanned was because Ryan had overturned Sniper's decision. Otherwise, I wouldn't have found out about this until I became a mod. I don't think anyone would begrudge Andy his PM and that's because I had a right to know what was happening. Yes, it would be better if Mat had PMed him instead of me, but I don't regret writing Kaj. The reason I didn't ask anyone else was merely to save time/laziness. I don't really want to bother Mat or the Mod Forum unless an issue is close and this wasn't.

Also, I hope you're not calling me out in here because you believe BluffTHIS's theory that Kaj = Cyrus. I've pretty well disproved that through IP investigation at Bluff's request.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:31 PM

I noticed this too. Wasn't quite sure what to make of the PM, and this really doesn't seem comparable to the situation with your ban. In the future you should at least ask the people involved first.

As for this...
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone would begrudge Andy his PM and that's because I had a right to know what was happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

You did not need or have the right to know what was going on with the mods and neither does Kaj. It's probably ok that you found out sniper was overturned, though. Regardless of whether we should, that kind of thing is hard to hide anyway.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:00 PM

Sorry.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kaj is not a troll, his posts in Politics and ATF at least (I don't read his contributions in other forums) are generally intelligent and respectful

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously we're seemingly past the matter at hand iron so I'm not trying to pile on, but I wanted to address this post.

I have no idea of Kaj's tone in Politics, but all his posts in ATF seem to come off as argumentative and/or bitchy. He is one of a VERY short list that I deliberately avoid because he seems to have no sense of humor. None. There's no point joking with someone who can't take it. And yet despite this I ended up on his list of Bad People. For all the hate towards BluffTHIS!, you have to admit he isn't afraid to get dirty and doesn't seem to fall back on Mason when he gets butt hurt.

Anyway, I was sort of dismayed at NT! and jman taking him to task in public, so last night I sent him a private, professional PM to try to bring him around. Sort of a cease-fire PM. He ignored it completely and resumed posting. This makes me lean towards him being a troll. If he isn't open to reasonable, private discourse about how to improve the forums - instead his idea is to fire off a PM to the site owner with unsubstantiated attacks - then I have to believe this place is better off without him.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:04 PM

I don't know why you didn't mention to anyone that I had gone to you about kaj before posting his message in the mod forum.

It makes sense that you took it upon yourself to pm him, given this info.

It's possible that you told him some things other mods were saying that you shouldn't have, but if all you did was to tell him that we had concerns about him, the pm was perfectly justified and what I wanted, given that you had a positive perception of the guy and that i had shown you his pm to us before anyone else saw it.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kaj is not a troll, his posts in Politics and ATF at least (I don't read his contributions in other forums) are generally intelligent and respectful and I wanted him to resume posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even you've banned him:

[ QUOTE ]
needlessly confrontational, whiny, smug prick. give him a break any time guys. NT

This guy is an ass and I don't think he's going to last long. --jman220 4/3/07

Suspended 6 hours for being overly confrontational, twisting the words of posts, and attacking without adding anything constructive. --jman220 4/3/07

One Day Ban for Personal Attack in Politics Thread: "Stop being such a dupe." --jman220 4/21/07

Two day ban for personal attack 4-25-07 iron

Warned for bitching about moderation, starting threads to complain about tame PMs, 9-6-07 iron

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-02-2007, 12:35 AM

iron,

strongly disagree that kaj is anything but a troll. if you think otherwise, my opinion is that you are letting the fact that you sometimes agree with him obscure the fact that he is an awful poster.

don't really care that you PM'd him info from the mod forum, am baffled however at why you would want him to come back.