Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Re: JJ vs. \"new\" reg 5/10

If his read is that he probably doesn't have AJ+ then who is to say that he doesn't have AT-? And if thats the case, is he really willing to felt a weak Ace?

And if he has spades, we are repping an A so does he really wnat to get it all in on the flop with what appears to be 9 outs?

Read the rest of my post though. I am not a firm believer in OP's read in the first place.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, why check the flop? I am b/3b the flop if I am sure that a strong ace would have played back preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If his read is that he probably doesn't have AJ+ then who is to say that he doesn't have AT-? And if thats the case, is he really willing to felt a weak Ace?

And if he has spades, we are repping an A so does he really wnat to get it all in on the flop with what appears to be 9 outs?

Read the rest of my post though. I am not a firm believer in OP's read in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, if you bet and he raises the flop w/an A or spades he is not folding to a 3bet lol

think before you post
Old 09-12-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i noted that you didnt really agree with him, but i think that like the nice man above me said, if he had a reason to call a 3b as lite as AT pf then i assume that he IS felting it, and the same goes with spades. This IMO would make b/3b bad in the situations you described.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:45 AM

You don't know what he has(range not just Ax but also 88 etc) because you checked the whole way, but he knows that you don't have Ace/8/3 due to your checking... wrong spot to call. Even if he's bluffing it's not worth $440 to find out.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:46 AM

I don't mind if he is never folding spades. Nor do I think it set in stone that any ace decides to stack if he raises here. He could very well turn hi hand into a bluff. Also, as said, read the rest of my post. Not a believer in the read in general and would just fold.

Oh, and STFU. I fu*king hate posters like you who take such a high road with your condescending attitude. 2+2 and their f*cking clicks. MSNL has gone to crap.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind if he is never folding spades. Nor do I think it set in stone that any ace decides to stack if he raises here. He could very well turn hi hand into a bluff. Also, as said, read the rest of my post. Not a believer in the read in general and would just fold.

Oh, and STFU. I fu*king hate posters like you who take such a high road with your condescending attitude. 2+2 and their f*cking clicks. MSNL has gone to crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate posters that turn all defensive/sensitive when i tell them their reasoning sucks

it is awful to expect him to fold an Ace/spades if you bet-3bet allin this flop. im not saying the line is super awful, but if youre doing it because you expect him to raise/fold an Ace/spades, that is completely ridiculous

ps grow some skin, this isnt a nice forum
Old 09-12-2007, 04:10 AM

My last post in this thread....

My skin is plenty thick. Me telling you to STFU is on par with you telling me to think before I post. Don't condescend or patronize me and I won't tell you to [censored] off. You are a little punk who is on his 25th account.

I feel I contribute plenty to these forums. I have gained much and hope to continue to grow as a poker player. Having little peckers like you acting cool and throwing your oversized ego around does little to nothing for the community as a whole.

Betting the flop was not intended to try and fold an ace only. Just because we may be ahead (given the assumption that he doesn't have AJ+) does not mean our hand is not vulnerable. Nor does it mean that a bet may not extract value from weaker hands (TT-). I didn't go into all the reasons why I may like a b/3b. Also, unlike many, when I post I am not steadfast on my opinion. I am very adept to changing my view if someone brings up good points to rebut mine. This has nothing to do with 'thinking before I post' but rather acknowledging that I don't have all the answers.

Please STFU if you have nothing to offer but d*ckhead responses. Hmmm.....you're right this forum isn't nice.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:20 AM

FWIW, villain is definitely not raising this flop with an A if he is intending on folding to a push, because given the immediate history between him and KOD, it would be bad. I don't really like B/3bing here much. OP I like your line if you called the river.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:08 AM

Sometimes I feel like I'm not even playing the same game as the rest of the forum. I don't understand why people want to call this river. You don't beat an ace, an eight, a three, kings, queens, or spades. Is there anything you beat?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I feel like I'm not even playing the same game as the rest of the forum. I don't understand why people want to call this river. You don't beat an ace, an eight, a three, kings, queens, or spades. Is there anything you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

a bluff =O