Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Things I don\'t get #1

I could do nothing for the rest of my life but post threads with this title but I'm only going to make 2.

Please post hands where you waited for the turn to raise and let people critique it so the rest of us morons have some examples of when it's right to do so.

Edit: sorry for not being clear, I'm not looking for small HU pots, I'm looking for big multiway pots.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Things I don\'t get #1

any way to filter for that on PT?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:00 PM

sry I'm too lazy to dig through my db [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

just mix it up yo, with TP type hands

be more likely to wait until the turn when you've been peeling and folding a lot
be more likely to wait until the turn on boards where you will be peeling a folding the turn UI a lot
Old 09-06-2007, 07:08 PM

I often just play by intuition when it comes to this. Also depending on villains off course, and when I'm not sure I usually raise flop.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:16 PM

honestly this is not a big deal in 6-max as it is in full ring play where you get more big multiway pots on avg. you can _never_ do this and do just fine
Old 09-06-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
honestly this is not a big deal in 6-max as it is in full ring play where you get more big multiway pots on avg. you can _never_ do this and do just fine

[/ QUOTE ]
Fine, this is all I wanted to hear, because every time (this is very very rare btw) I think it's time to do this it turns out I'm wrong. Thread closed.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:21 PM

fwiw i did it once yesterday w/ TP and was unable to raise the turn because both players checked to me because the flush completed and it was an ace. it felt really weird just calling that flop.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't agree with this. I think waiting for the turn, especially in heads-up pots, is an important line in heads up play. There are plenty of other times in multiway pots as well where it's the best play. People don't check through the turn in 6-max as much as they do in full ring so I think it's important to take advantage of this when you have good relative position. As the pot becomes more multiway you need a read that the flop raiser will bet any turn though.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't agree with this. I think waiting for the turn, especially in heads-up pots, is an important line in heads up play. There are plenty of other times in multiway pots as well where it's the best play. People don't check through the turn in 6-max as much as they do in full ring so I think it's important to take advantage of this when you have good relative position. As the pot becomes more multiway you need a read that the flop raiser will bet any turn though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, again I'm sorry for not being clear in my OP. As it says in the edit I'm not looking for hu hands.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:30 PM

if it's not hu play your hand straight up all the time foreal