Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 08-15-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Jurrasic Park 4 AKA Dino Riders

[ QUOTE ]

A long while back, Moriarty over at Aint-it-Cool News reported that he'd read a script for Jurassic Park 4 written by none other than indy-stalwart John Sayles. Moriarty raved about the film at the time, mentioning a hidden mountain fortress and dinosaurs trained by the military to carry guns. Sounded absolutely butt-****ing crazy, but Moriarty claimed that if the script was done justice, the film would be amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Filmwad Link

Let The Picture Editing Begin.

Some that i found on another forum (Soundcircuit.com) are here...

Old 08-15-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Jurrasic Park 4 AKA Dino Riders

Why did they ever come out with another one, the first one was a stone cold classic and they should really stop [censored] with it

dinosaurs with guns....give me a break
Old 08-15-2007, 08:18 PM

Looks like Snakes on a Plane has some competition for best movie idea ever
Old 08-15-2007, 08:20 PM

LOL it sounds awesome TBH.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did they ever come out with another one, the first one was a stone cold classic and they should really stop [censored] with it

[/ QUOTE ]

Jurassic Park is not a stone cold classic. It's "good", and it can be argued that III is better because III is just dinosaur greatness and isn't trying to be some diatribe on Chaos Theory and having children and the ethical problems of science.

Sequels don't "[censored]" with a movie.

Also you missed the point of the OP, which made it fairly clear that this was just an old script tossed around and this will not be what they're filming for the upcoming Jurassic Park IV.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jurassic Park is not a stone cold classic. It's "good", and it can be argued that III is better because III is just dinosaur greatness and isn't trying to be some diatribe on Chaos Theory and having children and the ethical problems of science.

Also you missed the point of the OP, which made it fairly clear that this was just an old script tossed around and this will not be what they're filming for the upcoming Jurassic Park IV.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. umm, did you read the link?
2. yes jurassic park owns, you're an idiot if you think three was better
3. yes sequels do decrease the value of the original IMO
Old 08-15-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I'm not sure about "stone cold classic" but Jurassic Park is an excellent, excellent film. If you think 3 was better, you're almost retarded. I really have no idea how someone could think that 3 was even an above average movie, let alone better than the first.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:21 PM

Three is probably the worst piece of crap ever. The first one was f'ing incredible. I'm going to think of a good movie poster to photoshop.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I'm not sure about "stone cold classic" but Jurassic Park is an excellent, excellent film. If you think 3 was better, you're almost retarded. I really have no idea how someone could think that 3 was even an above average movie, let alone better than the first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worm, I stand corrected on the plot, I thought that was done away with long ago.

III does exactly what it sets out to do, which is give us a bunch of pretty dinosaurs to look at in intense scenarios, including water and air scenes which hadn't been in the previous movies. The first is pretending to be an actual excellent movie like Jaws, using children and some nonsense moral arguments to trick you into thinking it actually has something to say and isn't just a fun summer movie, and it has a lot of people fooled.

I made a post some time ago about people who hate III. It doesn't make any logical sense for somebody who voluntarily saw III to hate it. Why'd you go see the [censored] movie in the first place? What were you expecting? Lost World sucked, so why on earth would you go see III with any expectations other than being entertained by a bunch of CGI and animatronic dinosaurs, which the movie 100% delivers on?

In any event, I said a legitimate argument could be made for it, not that I thought it was better. Ebert supports this viewpoint.