Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: In the most recent review I signed up for.....
I never even exchanged HH with my partner 2 14.29%
Contact was made but we didnt/havent got round to completing the review process 2 14.29%
The review was completed to my satisfaction 10 71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Re: What Would Your Ruling Be?

I want clarification on the board and the previous action that built the pot upto $120. Was there a pair on board? If not, why in the world are you checking a K high flush. Hell, you should have probably even bet/fold if there was a pair on board.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: KITN

[ QUOTE ]
My only question -- why aren't YOU betting the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
1. It is an unraised pot so the pot started VERY SMALL).
2. I flop the flush, bet like crazy, and I get TWO callers. For such a small pot to grow to $120 by the turn, I figure these guys are calling with something.
3. The river card pairs the board. And it pairs the TOP pair. Something like ATxxA. I figure there MIGHT be ONE other flush but NOT two other flushes. I feared 2-pair or a flopped set filling up. Technically my flush was Ace hi since the Ace had hit the flop but my hole cards were KQ-s and the other info was not relevant to the discussion.

What shocked me was that the LP player would chase a 1-card non-nut str8 draw....I assume he had this to fold to a $2 bet. To me, a sane player would have to have 2-pair MINIMUM to have stuck around on a pot that big...
Old 08-15-2007, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
want clarification on the board and the previous action that built the pot upto $120. Was there a pair on board? If not, why in the world are you checking a K high flush. Hell, you should have probably even bet/fold if there was a pair on board.

[/ QUOTE ]

My whole cards were KQ-s and the board was something like ATxxA with the Ace of my suit being on board. So technically I had the nut flush. I did not think this was relevant info to my question on the ruling. For a 3-way pot that grew that big in a limper pot, I figure my two opponents had to have something... The right Ax hand would have given someone the boat. Being a B&M neebie.....I did not realize how bad some of these players could be...

On the flop/Turn, I'm betting NUCLEAR BOMB BETS. I gave them credit for hitting the flop....BIG!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: KITN

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what KITN is but I suspect it is suppose to be some type of wittism....

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling Al... your services are needed
Old 08-15-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the dollar amount involved, I'd be inclined to let play go on and let you call the $2, raise, or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think I agree with this. OP said check and then flipped his cards over. He had no intention of betting so I would not let him raise after seeing the lower flush.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The floor is called and the ruling is made against me. My understanding was I was DQ because it is against the rules to show your hand if you not heads-up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your hand does not get killed because you show your cards early in a multiway pot. More often than not, it simply hurts you. Sometimes, it hurts the guy with the best hand if you get another player to fold who would have called thereby costing the winner a bet. But the rule says you could get a penalty for doing so not get your hand killed.

[ QUOTE ]
The angleshooter gave me $10 and I thanked him (I'm a B&M neebie).

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not angleshooting. EP did nothing wrong.

The dealer lost control of the hand and the floor came over and made the wrong decision. It's that simple.

I rule you win that hand and I do whatever I need to to reprimand dealer at a later time. If EP had the boat, I award him the pot and make you give him another $2.

I will add though that if you don't pay attention to what's going on, you set yourself up for such a wrong ruling.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:23 AM

A "brilliant" out of you for me! If only I could get one from you on the politics forum . . . [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The dealer's verbal "show me" was what caused you to expose your hand. Your action of "check" should not have been allowed because you cannot check after there's been a bet; you can only call, raise or fold. The pot should have been awarded to you because common sense should tell the floorman that had the dealer done his job and told you there was a bet, you would surely have called.

If you violated the rule by exposing your hand, so did the other guy, and he did it before you, so his hand should have been disqualified first, leaving you the winner of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Looks like you got screwed.

Floor is an idiot.

I can't imagine this ever really holding up in a live cash game but then again, quality floor can be tough to come by.

b
Old 08-15-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not angleshooting. EP did nothing wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The ep player shows a low flush and I turn over a King hi flush. Then the ep player complains that I forfeit the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...Looks alot like an angle to me.

b
Old 08-15-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In any case, you need to know what the action when it comes to you - pay attention. And the dealer is a screwup also. Usually these situations involve several mistakes; always protect yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This cannot possibly be said enough to live players. ALWAYS PROTECT YOURSELF, do not wait for the dealer, management or other players to do this for you. CYA! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I personally know everything that is going on in the hand that I am involved in (along with paying attention to the other hands I'm not in). I protect my cards and do not release them until I am a) awarded the pot or b) KNOW for a fact I have a losing hand. If live players did these few things "bad things" would stop happening to them. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Then again I am Foxwoods LLHE player so I have to be competent as most of the staff isn't!