Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 08-04-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Live 1/2 QQ 275BBs deep

Just got back from an eventful live 1/2 session at my favorite underground Philly club (60-250 buyin pre 1 am, 500 max buy after). One of the things that I love about this club is that toward the end of the night the play becomes super deepstacked. I think that's my biggest issue with this hand, I know exactly how to play 100BBs deep, 150 too, but I'm little shaky with 275.

I pick up QQ UTG. We're 6 handed at this point, stacks range from ~90 to ~550. I cover all. The 550 stack is also the villain in this hand. His name is Jerry. Jerry weighs about 350 lbs, has a big beard, and is pretty easy going at the table. We've played many hours together and know each other's games quite well. Lately Jerry has taken to rotating between telling me how badly I suck and then telling other players that I'm by far the best player at the table. I think his real opinion of me is greatly skewed to the latter. His game ranges from good to average, but he's a relative shark at this place. He's a thinking player, but gets a little LAPpy PF and in small pots. He is, however, capable of making big moves, turning marginal hands into bluffs, making hero calls, etc. I respect Jerry's game when he's playing well.

Jerry's probably erring a little on the passive side tonight, but could be card dead. I just took a 300BB pot off of in the previous orbit.

I look down at Qc Qd UTG and make it 7 to go. I've been raising PF frequently though not in EP (not that I'm sure others have noticed this). This is a smallish raise in 1/2, but its a table flow thing so bear with me.

I got 2 callers behind me and the SB comes along. Jerry looks down at his cards and makes it 40 more to go. OOP he has not been 3-betting at all tonight, unless you count straddles as a raise which he can attack light (A3o, KTo, etc.). Still, I think air makes up a very small percentage of his range.

I made it 80 more (127 total). He paused and flat-called. Flop was 9s 8s 6c. He checked, I bet 160.

Thoughts? What do we do if he flat calls? Shoves?

All comments/criticisms on all streets greatly appreciated.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Live 1/2 QQ 275BBs deep

Bump.

If this is super standard, will someone just type out a quick response and tell me why? I'm trying to work on my deepstack play, and I thought this was tricky for a variety of reasons.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:37 PM

this seems pretty standard upto this point. as far as your bet on the flop, i would have liked to have seen something a little closer to pot size, i.e. $220... i think that would probably help define his hand a little more. i don't know that $160 really tells you a whole lot about his hand.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:09 AM

BUMP.

Thanks for actually typing ANYTHING tuckercat, anyone else? Please?
Old 08-05-2007, 04:32 AM

Play poker. You have a strong hand. Bet, obviously. Go from there. Sounds standard. Seriously.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:34 AM

If you didn't want to get it in on this flop with QQ vs this villain, why would you 3-bet pf so that you are pretty much all-in with one more bet?

I really think the decision whether to 3-b or to call pf is an important one here. 3-betting would be if you want to take this all the way to valuetown (assuming he calls our large 3-be light. Calling would be if you think there is a decent chance it is WA/WB. Deciding which is villain dependent also. I might be a puss, but this deep I would just call - then again, I don't play live.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:19 AM

i just call the 3 bet, and I would check the flop in this spot
Old 08-05-2007, 12:36 PM

I think you are golden here. His re raise then call pre flop followed by the check on the flop screams of two big cards. If he has AA or KK he is going to lead out on that board. Even if he had 99 or 88 he would probably lead out. I don't hate the 160 bet, but 180 should be the bottom of your betting range into that pot.

Let us know what happened........ Go Birds!
Old 08-05-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are golden here. His re raise then call pre flop followed by the check on the flop screams of two big cards. If he has AA or KK he is going to lead out on that board. Even if he had 99 or 88 he would probably lead out. I don't hate the 160 bet, but 180 should be the bottom of your betting range into that pot.

Let us know what happened........ Go Birds!

[/ QUOTE ]

No. This is horrible advice.

Given u 3bet PF you have to play for stacks on this board, Given PF bet/call AI..

Best line would probably be call PF, call his flop cont bet (or check flop back) and play poker from there.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:57 PM

why are we four betting a thinking guy oop