Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Top two on a 3 flush board vs huge Maniac, lets donk it up!!

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $7.10
BB: $4.35
UTG: $10.05
CO: $55.50
Hero (BTN): $14.55

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is running extremely loose, although I did pick him off earlier with a bluff no pair no draw into my flopped set. Villain probably views me as fairly passive since I have been giving him rope....

As Loose as he has played so far, he generally seems to have the goods in big pots Postflop...

Villain Stats 64.9/17.3/2.3</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.35</font>, Hero calls $0.35, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $0.85</font>

Raise Flop, smooth call??? Give legitimate reasons why either option is optimal, not canned answers guys [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Top two on a 3 flush board vs huge Maniac, lets donk it up!!

I'd put in a raise, but I would keep it as small as I could - $3.25. I figure with postion you will possibly be able to control this hand a bit, as long as he hasn't got a monster, but that looks unlikely with his opening bet.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:59 AM

I like the raise line too. I came across one of these mutants in a game today. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ac + anything, and he'll probably have no problem calling your raise to chase that club (all the way to the river). Make him pay for it.

If a club does drop though, and he leads out large I think you have to consider folding though.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:07 AM

Fold pre-flop, as played raise to like 3.5$ and call a push or bet big a blank turn if he just calls. He often has here an overpair and is likely to play it fast with a club or AcQx, KcJx(don't know if he raises that pre-flop with those stats though) and a lot of other hands too.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre-flop, as played raise to like 3.5$ and call a push or bet big a blank turn if he just calls. He often has here an overpair and is likely to play it fast with a club or AcQx, KcJx(don't know if he raises that pre-flop with those stats though) and a lot of other hands too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not playing this hand to flop a q or 10 here. PF can go either way, but I didn't post this to hear about PF hand standards, especially when I have position and am against a lagtard.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:17 AM

if you are going to play - raise preflop.

vs Maniacs best strategy is to tighten up your preflop range but when you do play hands come out firing.

He is raising 17% of hands dealt thats 66+,A5s+,K9s+,Q9s+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QTo+

QT is at the bottom of that range so I'd fold preflop, vs this guy I'd play any 22+ Axs KTs+ QJs+ AJo+ KJo+ QJo+ and if he raised them pre I'd 3bet him with all of them.

This guys "has the goods postflop" most of the time, so make the pots preflop and on the flop bigger and let him make more mistakes early on. Maniacs are looking to win a bunch of small pots with agression quickly without resistance.

Put up resistance and Maniacs fold too often and will overplay hands and stack off when they misread your holdings. re-raising preflop shortens the game play - as it means stacks can be got in before the river, which magnifies any mistakes in your favour.

as played just call the lagtard down and shutdown if another [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] falls.

If we raise and he has nada he folds, he's over aggro and will bluff if we let him, so give him rope to hang himself with.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:20 AM

nice post matrix
Old 06-19-2007, 05:30 AM

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $7.10
BB: $4.35
UTG: $10.05
CO: $55.50
Hero (BTN): $14.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.35</font>, Hero calls $0.35, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $0.85</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.40</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $11.05</font>

K, I took the road most of you suggested(FWIW I prefer Matrix's line after looking back at the hand and thinking it over)

Thoughts on actions here, easy shove or do we fold top 2??
Old 06-19-2007, 05:45 AM

matrix that is a post that is worthy of a sticky. Wonderful!
Old 06-19-2007, 05:52 AM

I don't mind a shove here. When it comes down to it, what can he possibly have here?

Overpair (with or without a club)
T7s (not unreasonable to think since he was in the CO)
Drawing to 1 club (Ac + anything)
Small made flush
A monster draw (oesd + 1 club)
Set

I doubt he has air or something like AQ/AT (with no club) since you said he doesn't usually put in his money with iffy hands.

If he puts you on a KQish type of hand, I think he believes you fold to his reraise. It's almost like he doesn't want a call/shove, although the exact bet size worries me a little.