Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 07:27 PM

Default In the spirit of recent posts...

Live 30 game at my local card club.

Nice Persian Guy (NPG) in this hand is a typical live player--too loose and passive but played enough hands of holdem to know the basics, perhaps even breakeven.

Way-to-loose Live Regular (WLR) in this hand is the type who cold calls 3bets w 85s pf cuz he plays in the game so much he can make "reads" and "plays" lol. He plays "pro" but I think he flirts with being broke on a daily basis.

I probably have an abc tight image, particularly since NPG thinks I'll softplay him and WLR thinks he's trained me into playing straightforward against him.

9-handed: I limp J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] utg, WLR limps behind me, 1-2 more callers, NPG completes from SB and BB raps.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked to me, I bet, WLR calls, and NPG calls.

Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet, WLR raises, NPG calls 2 cold, I 3-bet...
Old 06-13-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: In the spirit of recent posts...

In most East Coast games you are flat out drawing dead if you get 4-bet, but I like it.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In most East Coast games you are flat out drawing dead if you get 4-bet, but I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's impossible for him to be drawing dead unless someone else at the table physically shows him the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] before burying them in the muck.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:56 PM

Fine, I assume you are firing any river? You are thinking WLR is making a play no? Guess he is enough of the time that getting head up w/ the other sd would be desirable.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's impossible for him to be drawing dead unless someone else at the table physically shows him the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] before burying them in the muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah yeah 2 outs.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:44 PM

I guess they only 4-bet K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] out there. You know that [censored] is getting capped on the turn, especially since, as strong as it is, it really doesn't want to get shown down.

-eric
Old 06-13-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I just don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Andy's post. So you do now? Me and you always throw rocks, so why break stride?

Anyway, you say WLR think's you're trained to play straight forward, so I'm guessing you have fe with him here. NPG is LP, so you think he has a draw and is folding river UI.

Based on your reads, I like this play better than Andy's because you bet the flop, it wasn't raised, TP paired and you're bet/3 betting. Strong play with outs.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:46 PM

well, I wish I could add something significant to the discussion, but this seems like a sweet line to take given your reads, I can def see value in it, so I like

plays like this make the game fun
Old 06-13-2007, 10:30 PM

In my opinion this is pretty spewy. At least one of them has a queen and won't lay it down.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:36 AM

Neither of 'em did anything on the flop; wouldn't that suggest neither has a queen?