Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 05:41 AM

Default NL50: always those overpairs...

villain is TAG, no reads besides that.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $61.20</font>
BB: $52.55
UTG: $26.90
MP: $70.25
CO: $12.35
BTN: $73.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, BB calls $2.50, CO calls $2.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($9) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $14.50</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $8.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($38) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($38) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $21.00</font>

My thought process was this:
1) OMG a set!
2) no, too obvious, no draws out there. TAG reraises me here with any J, any overpair. As people call my raises with the last [censored], he could have a lot of stuff there. QJ, KJ, AJ, QQ+, 22, 55, maybe even 88+ to see where he stands.

After the flopraise, I think I should have bet the turn. As played: do you call the river? At that point I was backt to reading him for a set.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Re: NL50: always those overpairs...

IŽd lead the flop a little stronger, at least $7. You are OOP.

He raises you on the flop. You say villain is TAG. What are his stats? This is kinda player/image dependant.
Why are you calling the flop after his raise? Are you planning on folding the turn if he bets strong?

Villain checks behind on the turn. Would he do this with a set or better? Unless villain is a really tricky player I very much doubt it. I really belive you have the best hand the majority of the time.

His check on the turn makes me belive he has maybe KJ or AJ, and uses some pot control.

As played, I would definetely call the river bet. You have shown weakness on almost all the streets. If you were him, wouldnt you belive your KJ or AJ was good here?

I would: 1. Re-raise him on the flop, commiting myself to the pot.

Or...
2. Call his re-raise, and hope to check-raise all-in on the turn, unless another J falls off

Or...

3. Put out a bet on the river here, maybe around $20 (blocker/value bet).
Old 05-31-2007, 05:53 AM

I move in after his r/r on the flop.Sometimes I call against a lose player but then I wanne get it all in on the turn.As played I think I call his river bet.
If he has a set so be it...
Old 05-31-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would: 1. Re-raise him on the flop, commiting myself to the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much?

I think you have to call.
Your action has been Raise, Bet/call, Check, Check. I think Villain has seen weakness and is value betting lots of hands you beat.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:31 AM

Being OOP and the flop not coordinated its an easy push for me.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:31 AM

VERY few people can resist slowplaying a set on this superdry board in position.

Id probably call planning to CRAI (cause shoving flop REALLY folds out all but a set). Once he checks behind I certainly dont check it to him on the river but go for a valuebet myself. As played, easy call imo.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:34 AM

Oh, Jacks call here a lot. They usually check the turn though and by the time river comes a over may fall and they are out of business.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:49 AM

wow i definately call river. This looks like AJ or 88-TT pretty much (maybe a non 3b QQ+ too).

edit: (depending on how he sees you)

I like your line.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:03 AM

I find flop minraises are often times bluffs if you tend to CBet lots. Pushing over the top of his flop minraise is fun but you only get called by sets and KK/QQ so it's not a good plan.

I call flop an plan to wheel out "stack-a-donk" and CR turn all-in.

Given that that missed you have to valuebet. He'll check behind with a bunch of hands we beat that he'll call off chips with QJ/JT stuff like that.

as played you gotta call - it's tempting to push over his river bet tho as he almost definitely has to call that and we are almost def ahead.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:16 AM

The turn check behind would be real tricky (and unlikely) if villian has a set..

I'd bet more on flop maybe 7-8. As played I dont mind your line assuming you called..