Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Nostalgic Moment: Mechwarrior 2 on Kali?

Just had a nostalgic moment, and remembered how much fun I had playing this game on Kali back in the day (must have been 10-15 years ago). Those were the days of the the modem, and having to "lag aim" (adjust for the other persons position based on their ping, meaning someone with a good connection was at a DISADVANTAGE). I remember playing in the "The Killing Zone" league ... i started in clan Godzilla, and then me and my friends broke off and started a new clan call Clan Phoenix Hawk. During that time i also spent some time as a "spy" in Comstar. ahh ... those were the days. Anyone else played in this league? or have any other interesting nostalgic stories to tell?

yes im a nerd.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Nostalgic Moment: Mechwarrior 2 on Kali?

This game was borderline hardcore in the learning curve at the time, so I only got somewhat into it. But it was huge fun and extremely popular. I wouldn't mind if they updated it for today. The intro cutscene was mindblowing at the time and looked fantastic. You can't get a sense of that on today's monitors, which pixellate the heck out of it or reduce it to a postage stamp.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Nostalgic Moment: Mechwarrior 2 on Kali?

My brother got really into that game, Mercenaries specifically. I bought it and played it for awhile, then my bro got into it and just ran with it. I always remember him with his decked out laser mechs then shooting a whole mech infront of the enemy. I would laugh and be like "haha you suck," then the other guy would explode.