Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 08:48 PM

Default 99 on ragged board

20c on stars.

Four players limp. I raise with 99 in BB.
Flop: J33 rainbow
I bet and gets raised by a maniac (80/40/5, WSD:80)
a limper calls 2 and I call.
Turn: a Ten.
I check and maniac bets and limper calls and I fold.

Does anyone think the flop is a check?
Old 05-05-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: 99 on ragged board

80/40 I'm calling this guy down unless the other limper wakes up. This is the type of guy you will probably make more money calling him down than folding to his aggression.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:44 PM

*Grunch* (cause kerowo has no clue)

So you gets raised on flop, huh? How mean!
Against a maniac, I actually would reraise. The only problem is the third man... well, he has something, some piece of something... like a gutshot or whatever fish think they have something...
So... play the flop aggressively. Reraise: you probably have the best hand against a guy with these stats. He would raise you just for "proud" reasons ("Me is raiser! Me always raises! Me is boss!") or something like that.
The other person is the problem. Against a TAG it is pretty easy: they are on a draw or not.
Against a fish: it is harder...
Old 05-06-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone think the flop is a check?

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop is definitely a bet, and I'd say a re-raise as well. Since the limper just limped, I wouldn't worry about him having much of anything unless he wakes up on the turn. Since the maniac is so crazy, both you and the limper are making money on each of his bets that are going in here.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:56 AM

I'm more interested in the limper's WtSD # than the "maniac". What do you think he's callin' with?
Old 05-06-2007, 09:34 AM

How many saw the flop? Is it 4 people? I reckon limper has a jack. I'd fold to limper calling 2.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many saw the flop? Is it 4 people? I reckon limper has a jack. I'd fold to limper calling 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends not on the read of the maniac but onthe read on the third guy. If he is passive fold - he has at least a scared jack, fish calling with one or two overs raise, fish calling with nothing raise.

Fold or raise, dont call. Read the middle guy. Against unknown I fold for a better op.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm more interested in the limper's WtSD # than the "maniac". What do you think he's callin' with?

[/ QUOTE ]
He's got something and it's not a draw(J33), I had the impression of him of being tight but I can't back that up with stats.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*Grunch* (cause kerowo has no clue)

So you gets raised on flop, huh? How mean!
Against a maniac, I actually would reraise. The only problem is the third man... well, he has something, some piece of something... like a gutshot or whatever fish think they have something...
So... play the flop aggressively. Reraise: you probably have the best hand against a guy with these stats. He would raise you just for "proud" reasons ("Me is raiser! Me always raises! Me is boss!") or something like that.
The other person is the problem. Against a TAG it is pretty easy: they are on a draw or not.
Against a fish: it is harder...

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about the caller being a fish? I think that the OP's line is quite reasonable, and he might even consider folding after the action following the flop bet. The maniac is not the problem, but the cold caller certainly is. Unless he is the kind of guy that will call any ace to showdown regardless of the betting action, I would be inclined to place him with a hand that is beating my pair of nines.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:09 PM

<font color="green">** this is an online hand ... there is no reason not to have the positions of the limpers in your post**</font>

PF: don't know how hot I feel about raising a mid pair into 4 players (... 3-4 players being the worst time to play a mid pocket pair) ... and you are OOP - which devalues the hand even further

OK so on the flop ... after raising pre flop I can see any reason not to bet this flop ...
so how did the action go ... you raise ... is the maniac on your direct left (pretty bad spot to be in) where is the cold caller (EP or LP ... you say tight - what kind of range do you think he is calling preflop with ... what kind of range do you think he calls 2 a dry flop with)

on the hand ...

it's hard to put the maniac on anything (could be any Jack, a 3, smallers pockets, ace high)
the tight cold caller ... probably has a Jack (KJ, QJ, JT, J9, J8 ... and doesn't like your pre flop OOP raise) ... or smaller pockets (99-66)

I don't see any reason to 3bet the flop ... but I do like a stop'n'go - mostly to see if I can push the cold caller out of the hand (but if the maniac raises again and buddy still calls - I just fold)