Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: The Wall

[ QUOTE ]
thirddan, not everyone can starve themselves and still work out like you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ultimately, you want to feel good about working out and have it become part of your ritual, because making workouts a conscious decision rather than routine allows you to come up with all sorts of BS excuses not to go. At least my own mind is tricky like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, maybe its my diet making me bitter...but the way i see it (i obv can't speak for others) is that people that come up with "excuses" like they are too tired after work to go to the gym are the same people that go to the gym for two weeks and then stop...people maintain training either because they really enjoy health/fitness or because they are very motivated (aren't pussies)...
Old 03-29-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
um, how about don't be a pussy?

[/ QUOTE ]

No more of this. You've been warned.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:05 PM

What times of the day do you typically eat, and what do you eat? That and sleep probably have a lot to do with the wall.

Edit: Just finished the rest of the thread, it doesn't sound like diet. Perhaps take a nap at work if possible?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:14 PM

i dont know if you have time for this, because im a college student so i have infinite free time, but before i go to the gym i often take a 20 minute nap which really gets me ready to go.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:17 PM

GKA,

When I was in college I could've won a napping world championship. Enjoy it. I don't have time anymore.

On my way home from work I'm going to pick up some 5 hour energies unless they cost too much. I'll try those out.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:39 PM

Those energy drinks have a whole lot of calories. Just go to walmart and buy some caffeine pills. They are like 40 for $1.50, and they have NO CALORIES.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:52 AM

sugar free redbull has 10 calories
Old 03-30-2007, 10:42 AM

How about in the morning?

I just started working out and the only time I have available is in the morning and it’s been working out great. I set the coffee pot to start brewing about 10 minutes before I get up and work for about 45 minutes while drinking coffee to wake up and then go work out. It was hard to change what time I get up, but after about 2 months I adjusted and wake up before the alarm goes off.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:58 AM

I have this exact same issue. I usually work 8-5, but my commute is about an hour. It's not so much physical exhaustion as mental by the time I get home. I'm just burned out. My solution has been to work out as soon as I get home and then relax, using the relaxation as my reward. That way I sort of mentally compartmentalize the workout as part of the work day.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:12 PM

kid,

I used to have this exact problem. It was more a mental exhaustion for me than physical, when I got off work I just wanted to drink and relax cuz work killed me. The solution was just to work out earlier - you can work out over your lunch hour and then just have a big meal shake after the workout and still make it in 1 hour no problem. If you're a morning person, work out before work (not for me).

Later on I got jobs where I could mostly set my own hours, so I'd usually work out in the afternoon before my energy died and then just work an extra hour each day. I'm pretty sure it made my work day more productive too because it gives you a nice break.