Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: How do I GAIN WEIGHT???

The most important thing I can mention is "eating clean" is way way overrated for an ectomorph. Feel free to indulge in an entire meat lovers pizza + six pack of beer on a Friday night. Though I doubt you'd be your size if you could stomach the whole thing in one sitting. Maybe break into a 7PM/10PM meal split so you can watch early/late games while eating?
Old 03-19-2007, 07:14 PM

I highly recommend staying away from drinking more than occasionally, but yeah, as a hardgainer you can eat more and get away with it. Let's not get carried away though -- binging on caloric-dense foods is a great way to get skinnyfat. My own personal experience was that clean food gets tiresome if you don't introduce some variety, and it can be harder to get lots of calories when you're eating clean foods with huge satiety rating (potatoes, oatmeal, etc). I suggest lots of milk and peanut butter, and dump olive oil on everything. Lots of milk. Like with every meal.

Also, I took a break from lifting and decided to enjoy wine and scotch pretty much every night. It was horrible -- I ended up really bloated and I gained a [censored] of bodyfat.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:14 PM

skunkworks,

Yeah, drinking 3-4k calories a week of empty very empty cals would be horrid if you already are getting a sufficient number. But if you need those calories... It isn't a huge negative to take them in. Drinking stuff like Kool-Aid, soda, or just eating std unhealthy crap like fried chicken isn't horrible for an ectomorph who is bulking. Obviously this can be grossly misapplied. But I see way to much of a focus on "clean cals" when what they really need is just a ton of cals.

FWIW peanut butter is ultra dense in terms of calories.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:51 PM

Thremp,

If you're saying you get irritated when total noobs say things like "I can't gain weight... I had half a cup of oats with two pieces of toast and two eggs in the morning, for lunch I had a whey shake" then I would agree with you. Hardgainers that hop onto the clean eating wagon without really understanding what their caloric needs are and how much food that really is are pretty retarded.

"So I had one chicken breast and a cup of veggies how is that for bulking lolz"
Old 03-19-2007, 10:16 PM

Skunk,

Yep, also with things like eating leafy greens which are very healthy and very filling. It might actually be better to forgo a 300 cal huge salad for 1000 cals of pizza and a small packet of green+ if you can't get enough cals.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:51 PM

Turn 30.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:27 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R-vjSOtuvDI
Old 03-20-2007, 01:39 AM

ace,

That video is seriously awesome! It's really funny that Jack Lalanne basically had it so very right way back then. All those fad diets have come and gone and still that advice is best.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ace,

That video is seriously awesome! It's really funny that Jack Lalanne basically had it so very right way back then. All those fad diets have come and gone and still that advice is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Legend Status
Old 03-20-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO this is just as hard as losing weight for fat people is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even close. Losing weight takes much more dedication. Like someone said before, you probably haven't really even tried hard to gain weight.

Think about the time somebody puts into losing wight. Like extra hours and the gym and cooking specialty meals. To gain weight all you gotta do is order pizza, play poker on your computer, and drink soda.