Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 12-01-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Re: You\'ll never be this good at games

[ QUOTE ]
it's a quake 3 trickjumping vid by one of the best trickjumpers. most of the stuff he does is ridiculously difficult, i've played quake 3 for a couple of years and i can't even finish some of the levels in the video let alone as fast and effortless as he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a similar one from halflife tfc:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lfo8P2BKrg
and also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F61CC...eature=related

stuff like the video you posted and these two is why playing FPS games on consoles is LOL
Old 12-01-2007, 06:31 AM

Because FPS games are all about trick jumping? I dont get it...
Old 12-01-2007, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because FPS games are all about trick jumping? I dont get it...

[/ QUOTE ]

and you never will
Old 12-01-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

stuff like the video you posted and these two is why playing FPS games on consoles is LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing pc fps since wolf 3d and I "get it", but this statement is lol
Old 12-01-2007, 08:40 AM

The Ikaruga vid is sick. And the Mario vid is legit, they've got within about 5 seconds of the TAS record now
Old 12-01-2007, 09:27 AM

Regarding the astonishing Tetris guy...

There is a neurological condition where your brain perceives time too quickly. (It's the exact opposite of the condition the people in 'Awakenings' have.)

People with this condition talk hyperfast and have insane reflexes. They truly perceive reality as if it were slowed down by say a factor of 3 or something. (Including for example how they hear voices.)

This is obv a longshot but it would not surprise me if the Tetris guy has that condition. It seems like it's neurologically impossible for a normal person to play that fast.

A completely different theory is that maybe Tetris blocks are non-random and he has memorized the sequence they come in and in addition played a ton of tetris, so he is essentially on autopilot.

The SF3 one was supercool too... more as a rockstar kind of moment than being superhumanly tough.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There is a neurological condition where your brain perceives time too quickly. (It's the exact opposite of the condition the people in 'Awakenings' have.)

People with this condition talk hyperfast and have insane reflexes. They truly perceive reality as if it were slowed down by say a factor of 3 or something. (Including for example how they hear voices.)

This is obv a longshot but it would not surprise me if the Tetris guy has that condition. It seems like it's neurologically impossible for a normal person to play that fast.

A completely different theory is that maybe Tetris blocks are non-random and he has memorized the sequence they come in and in addition played a ton of tetris, so he is essentially on autopilot.

The SF3 one was supercool too... more as a rockstar kind of moment than being superhumanly tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you actually have any kind of fact to back this up or is it just your belief/opinion?
Old 12-01-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or is it just your belief/opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what this "It seems" means.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or is it just your belief/opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what this "It seems" means.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:21 PM

Wonder why if this conidition exists and isn't completely crippling, why those with it would not be the guys at the top of every single sport and video game. Imagine baseball or even something like boxing/MMA in slo-mo.