Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Re: 200NL: Nut flush on paired board river decision

Spy Dog: What other flush do you think he can possibly have? I think 1 or 2 hand combos at most, seems to be an extremely small portion of his range. And I don't think there are a ton of cards that can fall off on the river that ruin my action against another flush.

All: So the general consensus is that we can shove for value here and a competent player will pay us off with worse? My impression midhand was that he can almost never have a boat here, since he can't have kings full and 33/44 almost never play the hand this way, does everyone agree?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:22 PM

I raise all SC's 45s and up from UTG, so yeah I think there are lots of club hands he can have that made a worse flush, hence bet the turn. I mean if you think he's folding a set or AK on the turn then you're wrong. Just bet turn and bet river. As played I'm shoving river for value.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise all SC's 45s and up from UTG, so yeah I think there are lots of club hands he can have that made a worse flush, hence bet the turn. I mean if you think he's folding a set or AK on the turn then you're wrong. Just bet turn and bet river. As played I'm shoving river for value.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW I don't think he's folding AK/set on the turn, I just don't think he shows up with a set hardly ever, and even AK is going to 3-bet that flop almost always IMO.

Either way, I was more concerned about the river, just wanted to make sure a good player could definitely stack off with worse than the nut flush here. I did shove, thanks for confirming that.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:15 AM

Opponents entire line looks very suspicious, a large percentage of the time this is Kx or weaker flush
Old 09-21-2007, 11:55 AM

why not pause for a second and make a smallish bet on the turn....one that screams "come over the top of me or at least call me im weakness".

Something like 1/3rd the pot.

Easy call on the river my man.