Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: 97 in the sb

Doc who surfs AND has a reading comprehension problem,

[ QUOTE ]
As far as this being a clear call I really don't agree but I am intrigued by trending 2p2 line of thinking that all we need to do is have reasonable stove equity and we get to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said it's a clear call? How does "just enough", "pure variance decision", "does matter", "real close" mean clear call to you? It's close and likely doesn't matter at an implied 3:1 preflop with expert play.

Just to help you out, this means fine fold it, I fold it at times, I call with it too. Just don't instantly dismiss it. There is no Hold'em Cook book.

Trust me you can go to as much school as you want. I went to college in one shape or form from 1990-1999. I ended up with a BS.

Look at me now, 10 years of college down the drain!

Old 08-18-2007, 03:06 PM

Joe who is Tall and narcissistic,

Just because I responded to you and said "clear call" doesn't mean I didn't read where you said it was close. I was really responding to others in the thread since I know you know this isn't an easy decision.

[ QUOTE ]
It's close and likely doesn't matter at an implied 3:1 preflop with expert play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was talking about before. I think it is awesome that many up and coming 2p2ers will learn to think like this. Awesome, since the games will be good.

[ QUOTE ]
Just to help you out, this means fine fold it, I fold it at times, I call with it too. Just don't instantly dismiss it. There is no Hold'em Cook book.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I went to college in one shape or form from 1990-1999. I ended up with a BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the help big guy. It looks like you at least learned how to give lectures in nearly a decade of school.

Whatever man. I am so tired of you and the rest of this west coast circle jerking crowd. You and all the mike l wannabes constantly sharing ideas, responding to each others posts and trying to get better at poker just make me sick.

Much love buddy. Commerce or Oceans this week? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2007, 03:17 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

I think this is a fold preflop most of the time. If I"m running good and feel like I have a more than usual level of control over my opponents I'll call but fold is usually correct. Our hand is just too crappy.

We're setting up play pots with top pair that are small when we win and large when we lose. Too often we'll be in tough and not fun spots, and finally we'll have to fold too often when we have six clean outs.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Whatever man. I am so tired of you and the rest of this west coast circle jerking crowd. You and and all the mike l wannabes constantly sharing ideas, responding to each others posts and trying to get better at poker just make me sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think if I PM Mason he'll give us our own forum?

[ QUOTE ]

Much love buddy. Commerce or Oceans this week?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'll be at Commerce for sure but I gotta get down to Oceans and mix it up. I've also been swimming in my pool every day and would like to do some surfing lessons. I'll be ready in about a month.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've also been swimming in my pool every day and would like to do some surfing lessons

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you can afford me. Oh wait, you never said you wanted lessons from me. Damn, I do have a reading comprehension problem.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:55 PM

I am sure I could teach you though since I am teaching my 6 year old.