FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ___
Iowa State 0 0%
Iowa (H) 8 100.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Poll: Supreme Court Assassination

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree completely. I strongly believe that 8 of the current justices actively try to distort the Constitution to support their own agenda. I disagree with Thomas on things, but I don't think he's trying to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about "actively", but I do agree that Thomas is easily the 'best' when it comes to trying to stick to what the C actually SAYS, while Kennedy is the 'worst', tho he's still better than O'Connor.

Of all the ultra-liberal Justices going back to Douglas, Stevens is by far the one who tries to find clear guidance from the C, and he's the best writer of them all, too. Even neo-cons I know who hate his opinions give him credit on that score.

87 years old, only current J who writes all his own first drafts & doesn't use the cert pool, still plays mad tennis, etc. Physical & mental marvel. And he supposedly has an older brother who's still a practicing attorney, too.

If Hillary wins in '08, there's going to be a lot of stunned looks at the White House & New York Times every July when Stevens DOESN'T announce his retirement.

According to legend, Bill Clinton's staff put out retirement feelers to Stevens in the late '90s and it really pissed him off.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Poll: Supreme Court Assassination

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of mad-man would press this button? I would not press this button!

[/ QUOTE ]