Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 07-16-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Final table floor decision

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2) Since there has been absolutely no action after his all-in I see no real harm in returning his entire bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer. Any of you out there that wanted to take both his chips and his cards you forgot the rule that is listed at the very top of TD rules.

[ QUOTE ]
Floor people are to consider the best interest of the game and fairness as the top priority in the decision-making process.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be grossly unfair to take this player's chips when he has no cards and there has been no following action so the preceeding players are not harmed in anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

RR - Can you clarify on retrieving the cards from the muck? If the cards had been retrievable, wouldn't that have been the first (and the preferred) option?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2) Since there has been absolutely no action after his all-in I see no real harm in returning his entire bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer. Any of you out there that wanted to take both his chips and his cards you forgot the rule that is listed at the very top of TD rules.

[ QUOTE ]
Floor people are to consider the best interest of the game and fairness as the top priority in the decision-making process.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be grossly unfair to take this player's chips when he has no cards and there has been no following action so the preceeding players are not harmed in anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

RR - Can you clarify on retrieving the cards from the muck? If the cards had been retrievable, wouldn't that have been the first (and the preferred) option?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In a recent dealer evaluation the dealer finished dead last.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are dealer evaluations done?
Old 07-18-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure if our evaluation process is a trade secret or not. When I saw the results I was surprised how very accurate the rankings were.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure if our evaluation process is a trade secret or not. When I saw the results I was surprised how very accurate the rankings were.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just want to know how I can be evaluated as a better dealer than I am.

Without revealing trade secrets, would you generally say that evaluations are done over hours, days, weeks, or months?

Do they involve analysis of video recordings at all?

Do they involve things not directly related to the table, such as how early/late a dealer arrives at work, how often he asks for an early out, whether he plays as a prop more than he is required to, etc.?

What about how aggressive the dealer is in quickly pushing players to act when the action is on them?

In some rooms, tokes are pooled. I can't imagine this happening, but do you think some of those rooms keep track of that and make a comparison of toke dollars per actual hour dealt among dealers? This would seem to weight greatly in favor of hot, young, busty females.