Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: False accusations of cheating/scamming - a proposal

Well, if it involves gabbyyyy, I vote 'tie a rock to it and throw it back under the bridge' for reasons having nothing to do with this post.

In fact, why is he even un-permabanned (wasn't he?) in the first place?
Old 05-31-2007, 04:41 PM

I'm all for gabbbyyyy being permabanned, but I think I should make it clear that I was referring to Bicycles' OP essentially accusing PokerBob of at the very least condoning collusion, if not participating directly. Gabbyyy made his offensive posts after I created this thread, I believe.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:50 PM

TT,

Not to be a dick, but if you think this is boderline, you need more modsack. It's not really borderline in the least, especially given the poster's history.

WRT to the op, as I told miajag earlier- I think the problem here is that it asks the mods to be the arbiters of what's corrent and what isn't.

The BB thread, I mean, we know he's wrong, but we don't "KNOW". The AJ thread, mostly he's just being stupid and freaked out.

I think the 2p2 community does a good job of policing it's own this way. BB's crediblity is shot (well, he was already pretty horrible), AJ is going to be forever haunted by a picture of himself in a swing.

I think the cases where people do this and it's less open to interpretation fall more under straight trolling, which is banable in and of itself.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

Not to be a dick, but if you think this is boderline, you need more modsack. It's not really borderline in the least, especially given the poster's history.

WRT to the op, as I told miajag earlier- I think the problem here is that it asks the mods to be the arbiters of what's corrent and what isn't.

The BB thread, I mean, we know he's wrong, but we don't "KNOW". The AJ thread, mostly he's just being stupid and freaked out.

I think the 2p2 community does a good job of policing it's own this way. BB's crediblity is shot (well, he was already pretty horrible), AJ is going to be forever haunted by a picture of himself in a swing.

I think the cases where people do this and it's less open to interpretation fall more under straight trolling, which is banable in and of itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids - he was banned for threatening to call Canterbury Park to complain that Poker Bob was colluding. Although we all think PokerBob is right and there is no way he is a colluder I can't consider that trolling because from reading the thread anyone who sided with bicycles_biatch might think he is doing a favor to the regulars at Cantebury. Gaaabbbyyy is an idiot, but he is also entitled to having an opinion. If his opinion is that Bob is colluding, he is entitled to it. If he wants to complain to Canterbery he is allowed to, there is nothing we can do to stop him - its his right to do so. Thats why its borderline, we are banning him for doing something that he is allowed to do in real life... but I'm comfortable with the decision to ban him none the less.

Without a doubt Gaabbyy's general posting history has been mostly trolling, problem is he rarely trolls the B&M forum so its not my domain except when he gets out of line there.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:05 PM

I edited the title of the OP in that thread so that it would not name the club in the title. I think it is unfair to have "obvious cheating at ....." show up on the front page of the B&M forum. If someone watns to click and read the allegatiosn they of course are welcome to.