Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Tough spot live. Flush draw with guy betting hard into me

$250ish stacks. I'm new to the table with no reads but the villian here has about 1K in front of him so I would imagine he has a clue what he's doing.

A few limpers and I pop it to $14 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. 4 callers and the flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The big stack villian leads from the BB for $20 and one guy calls and it's back on me.

Should I be playing for stacks on this board right here? Should I have raised him right away and called a push? Remember, no reads so he could literally have any two.

I elected to just call. Pot is $125 and the turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He leads for $50 into both of us. IDK, I read him for being strong because I just can't imagine him leading into 3 other people OOP and then continuing to fire the turn with two callers without a hand. So the guy in the middle folds and I decide to just call. I played this very weak partly I think b/c of the bad previous night I had so I was a little gun-shy to start things off. Push time here and if he has me so be it?

River($225) is a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and he quickly puts me all in. So it's $400 and $175 to call, sigh. Tough spot and I just wasn't sure what to do. If he led with 78 he got there and any other legitimate hand has me. This looks like a set or a flopped two pair and I don't beat much at all but what do you guys think? Thoughts on any street are appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Tough spot live. Flush draw with guy betting hard into me

CMon guys, tell me how bad I stink [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 04-02-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Tough spot live. Flush draw with guy betting hard into me

In a live game I Don't see any value in raising this pre flop. Flop is fine hes giving you great odds, turn I might raise here but I don't think calling is bad by any means. River is a turbo fold without a read.