Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: The Effect An Avatar Has

[ QUOTE ]

Anything with a really bad aspect ratio instantly makes me think the poster is a dip[censored], as do avatars that are just some random crap or are badly shopped.

I'm pretty superficial when it comes to avatars.

[/ QUOTE ]
I may be getting leveled here, but currently your avatar (for me, at least) is the "Photobucket.com bandwith exceeded" image...and the aspect ratio is terrible. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2007, 05:49 PM

I keep thinking of changing mine because I've had it since nearly the beginning of my time here, but it fits my name well, it looks pretty cool, and it's now part of my identity on 2+2. I did modify it to include the Ducks logo a little while ago and was going to change it back, but the Stanley Cup win has inspired me to keep it.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:58 PM

DK,

I think you've sort of painted yourself into a corner with that username and sticking with DK-related avatars is the only thing that makes sense.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DK,

I think you've sort of painted yourself into a corner with that username and sticking with DK-related avatars is the only thing that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. This is the only place I use this username. I have another username I use everywhere else, including poker sites. I even had it registered here. But, for some reason when I started to post in some strat forums, I wanted to have an anonymous ID that I couldn't be tracked back to on the tables (means nothing now that I don't play online anymore). I like video games and Donkey Kong seemed like a cool pokerish name, the Sr seemed better than adding numbers to end of DonkeyKong if I ever wanted to use the name elsewhere. My only problem with my name is the Sr makes me sound old and at 29 I'm really not, but I guess on this site I am in the older half, possibly quarter, of users.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DK,

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, if u were to change your avatar to a car, or sonic the hedgehog, u would pretty much be putting a target on yourself.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may be getting leveled here, but currently your avatar (for me, at least) is the "Photobucket.com bandwith exceeded" image...and the aspect ratio is terrible. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea the animated gif I had raped the photobucket account it was on.. hence the bandwidth exceeded picture. I'm looking for something new, kimmy is just filling the space for the moment.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:19 PM

Conspire, I can't tell if you're being a smartass or not, but there are a few names on this site where there's only like one avatar that makes sense, and his is one of them. Other examples are people who choose their name because of a sports team or a college. I mean I guess they could choose whatever they want but it would make less sense. Anyway, keep posting. chloe18 is hot.

DK, at 29 yeah you're probably old, but still five years younger than me and probably ten years younger than the average Lounge poster. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Which reminds me, I'm gonna x-post in this forum about our happy hour coming up next week, since not everyone here reads OOT but they are very welcome.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:22 PM

BTW Tuq, I'm glad you've stuck it out with the AsHaTaR. One of my favorites, plus it makes you easy to spot. I'm probably going to be disappointed though if I make it out next week and see you instead of the man, the myth, the legend that is AsH.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:25 PM

I wasnt being a smartass, you stole the words I was gonna use to reply to donkey about his avatar so I spontaneously made the reply that I did. Pretty good huh.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:27 PM

DK Sr., prepare to be disappointed. Very.

Conspire, I didn't care if you were being assy or not, I just couldn't get a feel for the tone. Plus I got you to post again, which = more chloe18.