Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: debate thread

Did Hunter attack JFK for not invading Cuba?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did Hunter attack JFK for not invading Cuba?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah. Also, we need to watch out for those ChiComs. Crazy Red bastards...
Old 10-21-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Frank Lutz's focus group is way more accurate than an uncontrolled nationwide text poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I'm missing sarcasm here, but this statement is very much correct (although I saw neither the focus group nor the text poll results).
Old 10-22-2007, 12:06 AM

God, watching these debates makes me angry. I honestly can't believe how the crowd starts booing every time Paul says something that's just pure common sense. It's funny because you see all these great ideas, and you think that maybe if you just reach enough people, you can change the country, but then you watch something like this and it's a really stark reminder of just how stupid the average voter is. I guess things will just keep going downhill until we're all paying 70% income taxes to subsidize seven different wars at once.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:16 AM

FWIW, among the mainstream candidates, Thompson's the only one I could see myself supporting at all. He at least seems to be a genuine conservative on most issues whereas Romney's more big-government than a lot of the democrats and Giuiliani seems hell-bent on expanding the military industrial complex and destroying personal liberties. Oh, and if you really want a drinking game that will send you to the hospital, just take a shot every time Romney says "Ronal Reagan". His pandering's so transparent that it's ridiculous.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, among the mainstream candidates, Thompson's the only one I could see myself supporting at all. He at least seems to be a genuine conservative on most issues whereas Romney's more big-government than a lot of the democrats and Giuiliani seems hell-bent on expanding the military industrial complex and destroying personal liberties. Oh, and if you really want a drinking game that will send you to the hospital, just take a shot every time Romney says "Ronal Reagan". His pandering's so transparent that it's ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me I rank them:

Ron Paul
(large gap)
Mike Huckabee
(small gap)
Fred Thompson
(huge gap)
Mitt Romney
Rudy Giuliani
John McCain
Old 10-22-2007, 12:43 AM

Default funniest line/text poll

McCain re the Woodstock Concert Museum "I was tied up at the time".

Paul winning the text pool after this debate is proof that its just flooding. He was awful, barely coherent, showed a lack of concentration early on. The positions he take are marginal to the majority of the GOP.

I think Huckabee and Romney showed the best, but Giuliani didn't hurt himself and he is still the most electable of the candidates.

Thompson is totally unimpressive.

I don't see why everyone is surprised at the Hillary mentions. They were appropriate to the questions, and she is clearly the Dem candidate.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For me I rank them:

Ron Paul
(large gap)
Mike Huckabee
(small gap)
Fred Thompson
(huge gap)
Mitt Romney
Rudy Giuliani
John McCain

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree with that ordering completely. The differences I'd have would be as small as maybe putting Thompson directly below Huckabee with no gap and then adding a gap between Giuiliani and McCain. I swear, every time McCain says something remotely relating to foreign policy, I get a little shiver down my spine and a vision of a nuclear armageddon. I'm so glad that he's not a frontrunner anymore.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So far, Mitt had a hair out of place, Fred called Teddy Kennedy a fatty and Mitt, 9/11 hero, Ol Fred, and McCain are arguing over who is the biggest conservative ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard. imo.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:53 AM

I just caught a few minutes of the debate, so I cannot comment on the substance, but did anybody else think Ron Paul looked younger, tanner, and had more hair? Maybe he had a professional make up artist do a little touch up before the debate. Not a bad idea, if true.