Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Rake Percentages

I tried to use the search but no luck so I will post anyway.

I was having a look through my pokertracker database and thought I would see if the rake paid changes much between sites.

Here is what I found:
Figures based on at least 5000 hands 2-4 6 max Limit:

Pokerstars = 0.099 cents per hand
Prima = 0.11 cents per hand
Fulltilt = 0.08 cents per hand

And also 3-6 6 max limit based on at least 5000
Pokerstars = 0.17 cents per hand
Fulltilt = 0.157 cents per hand

Now am I missing something here or is Fulltilt by far the cheapest place to play and with 27% rakeback on top.

The reason I looked into this is because I had just started playing lots of 6max limit again and thought about trying to work my way up the pokerstars VIP ladder, if these figures are representative then I would be giving away heaps of money by playing on Pokerstars rather than Fulltilt.

Can anyone confirm this or am I missing something?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Rake Percentages

u are correct sir except to get a check from them takes a while
Old 06-25-2007, 11:56 PM

So just to expand on this if I play 40k hands a month on Fulltilt at the 2-4 level I will pay $3,200 in rake which I would receive $864 in rakeback (27%), whereas on Pokerstars I would pay $3,951 in rake and get a "pseudo" rakeback maybe around 15%(?) through the FPP system returning $592.

Therefore I would save $1,023 per 40k hands by playing on Fulltilt. Now obviuosly this doesn't take into account the quality of players but jeez it's a fairly telling stat!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:04 AM

It's odd your #'s show a lower rake at FT. Stars actually has a better rake schedule. This simply means your pots are smaller at FT.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 PM

you would be better off comparing your win rate at both sites if it's making money that you care about...
Old 06-27-2007, 11:31 AM

Generally stars is looser but not at those limits, there's also a better point system that one can get some things with that's worth something and they may offer cash too, not sure these days as since december 15th or so they started to give major fish two outers and so, had to stop playing there. FullTilt has twice the fluctuations star has, so the same "full" tilt is very much like it is. I don't recommed either place, though not sure what options you have (I wouldn't play UB either and Absolute is more or less one with UB these days) but at that level I played at places where my rake was like double, but they were much better games, and still are. The rake should be pretty much the last thing to look at; rakeback and looseness of games, fluctuation, what kind of a "random" shuffle they have, how well one playes again the styles they have there, pokertracker, software in every way, including the look of the tables and how well one plays under such "light." Some sites are easier to multitable than other, and stars is way the best for that than anything else, the software being the best in every necessay way, though one could think it could be faster (some sites are up to 50% faster though this has somewhat improved at stars that the place I recommed as long as the major fish is not getting too many "two" outers).