Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 10:47 PM

Default OT: Sngs on Ongame

Does anyone play $20s --> $50s on any ongame skin? What is the quality of play like and how often do turbos run? I have heard the software is bad, but the deposit bonuses are pretty huge. They are equivalent to 62.5% RB (on Nextpoker through rakebucks) for the first month and then 50% RB for following months. Chanpoker's 100% deposit bonus is equivalent to 50% RB until you clear it.

I was watching it at around 10 pm (gmt -5) and they have like no volume. Sngs are loading so slow and there are very few turbos even running. Any feedback here would be great.

Also, do you think the "Mad All in TIlt Games" are beatable. You start with 60 chips and blinds start at 10-20, zomg!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: OT: Sngs on Ongame

Hi

I play almost excusively on the Ongame network at the moment and only play 6max turbo sng's. Generally anytime of the day I have no problem playing two $50+4 tourneys at a time continuosly and lately I can also do the same with the $100+8's. Sometimes it looks like there is noone there but once you register people tend to come along and join. By the way I also have the 62.5% deal and it is brillant especially when playing STT's which are overraked anyway. I find the play generally soft on the site even at the $100+8 level, there are just so many big losing players when you Sharkscope them.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:19 AM

Hmm, do you ever play 9 man turbos? I guess it's worth depositing like 500-1000 just to try it out. I can always mix it in with FTP.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:55 AM

i have thought of moving to canada to play on ongame.... and there S&Gs
Old 10-02-2007, 10:29 AM

I played a bit of 5 max turbo 30+3's clearing the PSO pokerroom promo and found them very soft and filling up reasonably fast.
The only downside is that the software is not so good for multitabling, but I will for sure sign up for another skin now when I completed that promo.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:35 PM

There is not bad action playing full ring (10 players) $30+ SnG. Its mostly action european timezones since US players cant play on Ongame.

Right now 12 $30+3 10 $50+5 and 7 $100+8 are running.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:40 PM

That's pretty good then. Thanks a lot. I guess I can play there during the day now instead of having to wait till 8pm to play on FTP.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:33 PM

i play there too. what is quite annoying is that their software if buggy i think. if you start a lot of tables it can happen that on some of them you cant do anything and you have restart the whole software to get them back which isnt really and option while playing 8 tables or so. i have recently won a few hu tournments just because other people were sitting out disconnected so maybe that evens out.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:18 PM

I will echo that the software sucks for many reasons:

- No PT or PAHUD
- Hand histories are stored on the web, you need to click a link to get to them, alot of the time the link wont even
- The software is even choppier than party when multitabling, you can have a very powerful computer and still watch your AA/nut flush/set get mucked while you are trying to click the buttons
- The players suck a ton though
Old 10-03-2007, 04:53 PM

Don´t you guys think that the 3 minutes levels at the turbos are too fast?